how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 14 of 465 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

2012 Striper 2101 Walkaround with a 225 merc outboard. She's going to be white. They are taking my 15 hp merc bigfoot off my boat and putting it on this one. It's a little smaller than the Four Winns, a little lighter and a little faster. It will be easier to trailer and maybe I can get out a little earlier in the spring and keep fishing longer in the fall. It will be geared for fishing not a family pleasure boat converted to fishing. I had the Four Winns for 25 years and she's been a mighty fine vessel. Some guys don't have a wife for that long.

Anyone fish today?...lol 50 mph gusts and lake effect rain no treestand for me today hopefully tomorrow morning.

I was at the boat dealer yesterday and asked to take one of modles that he just got in the other day out for a test drive? I told him every boat floats good when it's calm but this would be a good test? He gracefully declined my request. Thankfully.

Anyone make it out this weekend? The paper says they are getting perch. Is a little cool today but calm.

Because I am boatless at this time I took a ride by the lake yesterday. There must have been 20 to 30 boats around Myers Reef and about 15 off Sturgeon Pt. I didn't catch get any reports but I somebody has t be doing something.

I was out there sunday, first time ever launching from sturgeon point for me. I got there about 7:30-8am, and was the first boat to launch, maybe due to the time change. Got a little nervous when I pulled up and not a single boat or trailer there, thought it might be closed but right after I got there other boats began to pull up. We started off not too far out with a couple other boats in about 55 ft of water, I caught a nice perch but that was it. Other boats had pulled up but it seemed like not many were catching fish. Some were a little close to me for comfort so we decided to move on. It was pretty wavy out there, not real windy but I would say 3 ft waves with the occasional 4 or 5 footer. We tried moving to a few spots but it was just too wavy to get around, took too long and I really didn't want to beat up my older boat (86 19ft cuddy) There was one big swell when we were at the bottom and the top of the wave was over my head while standing, nice! I turned to my buddy and said that was at least a 5 or 6 footer! Most depths were about 50 to 55 feet, I wanted to get out past 60 feet but too rough, just took too long to get somewhere. In fact I got queasy out there, enough so that I didn't drink any tea that I had brought because I wasn't sure if it was going to stay down, haha. My first year really boating on erie, was the roughest I had ever gone out so far. Kinda weird, really wasn't that windy, but nobody told the waves lol. At one spot I pulled up a nice smallmouth 50 ft off the bottom, about 20 inches. Anyway, worked our way back to the original group of boats by about 11am, we had only 2 perch in the boat. Waves had died down to 1 foot or so I think, so turned out to be a great day to be on the water. Then we fished till 12:30, and caught 14 more perch, almost all of them big jack perch so was really nice. A couple of boats noticed us catching perch and joined us. I spoke with one boat when we got back in and the two older gentlemen in that boat said they didn't catch anything, using live minnows (emeralds). We were using emerald minnows that I had caught myself at bird island pier in july and salted. From what I could see most people were not pulling them in, tough too say really, but I noticed a fair number of boats moving around. What was really nice was launching the boat for free! The best part was cleaning the fish outside my house in a short sleeve shirt drinking beer in november in western ny! I am keeping my boat in the driveway to see if I can get out again.

Anytime that you can get out is good. There are several locations that you can get to from Sturgeon Pt. Some of them are 7 - 10 miles north west. If it's rough it would be hard to get to them. Saturday was probably the better day to get out but you gotta go when you can. Hopefully there will be some better days coming so you can get out. Good luck.

my 2 uncles went out yesterday (11-8) out of sturgeon for perch they fished 55ft of water 3/4 miles west of the hole 6:30am to 3:00pm 99 keepers 1 shy of the limit.

That's a great day of fishing! Fishkiller, did you put your boats to sleep for the winter? What are you calling "the hole"?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    That's a great day of fishing! Fishkiller, did you put your boats to sleep for the winter? What are you calling "the hole"?
    Yes Joe the boats were put away on the 24 of October the "hole" is the 55 foot hole out to the left of Sturgeon Pt where everyone usually fishes for perch. I dont have the waypoint numbers as all my electronics are disconnected and in a box in my fishing closet, so you will have to wait till spring if you want them....lol