how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 100 of 465 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 4646

I haven't see one in years. We used to catch them every once in a while bottom bouncing for walleye on Chautauqua

Yes! That's what it looked like. Thanks.

Fished yesterday & today, yesterday from Dunkirk to silvercreek & today buffalo to the condos got 3 white bass in two days ! We gave ourselves a new name " We Suck Charters" I guess its time to start perching for us!

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Fished yesterday & today, yesterday from Dunkirk to silvercreek & today buffalo to the condos got 3 white bass in two days ! We gave ourselves a new name " We Suck Charters" I guess its time to start perching for us!
    Wow for reel trolled through all of us on Monday in 70fow and did well.

COPO are you the guy we were talking to out there? I really hope I wasn't being too rude trolling so close to the perch fishermen.

By the way i forgot to mention all the eyes we caught we were going north @south.

I can't imagine you getting close enough to interfere with perch fishermen, I mean we have lines dropped straight down from the boat side. The motor noise might even attract perch to the area, some guys in the western basin leave their motors on idle while they fish, claiming it works better. You only need to keep in mind that most perch guys are anchored up with a long rope so they don't drift, I've heard the rule of 3 times your depth for an anchor line. Just in case you troll over an anchor line. I have a pretty big anchor and I use 100ft in 65 ft of water and it works fine. Usually the anchor line is tied to the front of the boat, and the front of the boat is pointed into the wind or current, (where the waves come from) that is where the rope is. You can see the rope anyway. But you probably already know this.

I did see one guy troll through us when I was out Monday, maybe it was you, all I thought was, "I wonder if he caught any walleyes".

Lineman we all have days like that, I know I do. You'd think with all the time on the water you would at least run across one starving fish by accident. I think when the boards here get quiet is when the fishing is not so good.

Maybe true about when the board is quiet the fishing is bad. We only saw 2 other boats today & only 3 trailers in the parking lot . Yesterday I was the only 1 in the lot, & only 2 trailers when I came in Dunkirk at 2:30 pm.. Seems like something wrong for this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by FOR REEL? View Post
    COPO are you the guy we were talking to out there? I really hope I wasn't being too rude trolling so close to the perch fishermen.
    Nope not me. I had the crestliner with the blue top. I was drifting and sitting in the front pedastel seat getting a nice tan lol.