Gentlemen,

I have been trying to make sure of the bait regulations regarding Lake Erie mainly, but have been having a tough time getting the facts.

The latest I had hear was there was a change allowing the transportation along certain road corridors along the New York edge of Lake Erie? Anybody care to clarify? Also, it my understanding that crayfish are not governed by the same rules regarding transportation---true?

Finally---I hope to be drifting for some Walleye in the next few weeks outta the Small Boat harbor and maybe out of Sturgeon Point as well--any suggestions as to what baitshops are available, or best in those general areas?

Thanks

Matt

PS I agree we should use these boards as much as possible. As soon as I get out--I will relay any info I have. Also--on another site I belong to a group of people who fish Erie and have exchanged email addresses and boat info to develop a group that can contact each other while on the water via VHF for fishing tips--as a way to save time and gas. Any interested in joining let me know!