Lets start using this message board!!! Lets start using this message board!!! Lets start using this message board!!! Lets start using this message board!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Lets start using this message board!!!

Lets start using this message board the western basin board is always busy there is no reason this board cannot be the same way.

Yes, I agree. I've been looking at the posts for western end for months now. They are very informative and don't hold anything back. One person even offered me a free fishing trip next spring because I told him how long we have to wait to get on the water. He felt sorry for us at this end. I wasn't able to get out last weekend but I took a ride by the lake and there were MANY boats out. Someone should have something to contribute.

If anyone would like to show me how to fish for walleye please contact me here. I live in hamburg, have my own boat, and grew up fishing saltwater in the keys. I tried last year but had no luck. I will also help pay for gas and expenses if we use your boat. I have the walleye bug and need some knowledge.

anytime gutpile!!!, as soon as we start fishing ill let you know and we can get together. thanks ,Jim

Hey guys, new to this forum. Hopefully I will be able to contribute some info soon. Fishing starts for me June 1, too busy chasing turkeys till then! It would be nic to see this board as active as the west.

I'm new to this site also, but have used the western basin reports to catch walleye on 2 trips out there since ice out. It would be nice to see reports closer to home. I try to fish lake erie 3-4 times a month and will post a report each time out.

Latest Lake Erie temp at the mouth of the Niagra was 44 degrees. when the temp hits closer to the 50-52 degree mark the walleye should be biting better. i see plenty of boats out there at Hamburg Beach area at night but since I haven't heard anything around, I'm thinking that it's not quite warm enough yet. I couldn't wait til 50 degree water to come so I went perchin' the other day and got 37 in 2.5 hours. Good Luck to the "night timers". see you soon, and remember, be curteous!

Default Fishing Saturday May 14th

Water temps were up for sure. In the Small Boat Harbour they were 58 or so. I was trolling the outer break walls for bass with stick baits and drop-shotting chubs. I had two customers in from Idaho that just wanted to reel some fish in so bass it was. We put a few in the boat between noon - 3 p.m. Water temps on the outer break wall already 54-56 degrees on the surface. I think this weekend the walleye bite picks up with warmer temps rolling in, especially at night. I plan to be out Fri/Sat and will let you know how we do. Gonna get more serious with walleye fishing this year, just rigged the boat with Traxtech and Folbe rod holders along with 2 downriggers. Hunting some good walleye trolling poles to go along two new line counter reels I added to the arsenal. Any thoughts?

I have a Black Lund Pro-V SE 1950 with a Merc on the back. Say hello if you see me!

Was out yesterday for 4 hrs., 10am. to 2pm. tried various baits (minnow on three way, kwik fish, worm harneses, and stickbaits) in several locations from departure bouy to round house and along outer break wall, nothing at all. Surface temp was 43 deg., or northeast wind was probably somewhat to blame. Anyone know where you can launch in the Buffalo area after hours for night fishing?

Default Rods / Reels

DAIWA 27 lc excellent walleye reels Rods of your choice. I prefer 8' rods.I custom build my own.Lots of choices out there, just up to your liking