Lets start using this message board!!! Lets start using this message board!!! Lets start using this message board!!! Lets start using this message board!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye rods

i use okuma 7 and half foot medium light action rods with okuma size 20 line counter reels im kinda new to walleye fishing on lake erie so i hope people post areas that are good for walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Spotted a boat off of hamburg last night around 8:30pm in a total down poor. Those guys are hardcore fishermen!

Post Thanks / Like

Things are looking up. I think I seen a big orange thing in the sky today -or at least for a short time. Hopefully Sturgeon Pt. will open tomorrow. We can start launching form there and then we can start posting some good news. The lake temp looks like the lake temp went down a little bit. But it will come up. I can't believe the reports form the weather buoy. Ther has been more wave heights of 0.0 this year than I have seen in a l o n g time.

Post Thanks / Like

Heading out tonight off of Hamburg, weather permiting. Was down at the dock last night watched about 10 boats launch between 8-9pm. Heard that the lake flipped recently. I think that is when the cold water flops with the warm?

Maiden voyage tonight, with the old man and the lil guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking bait restrictions

Hello there guys. I like the idea of using this forum as well for the Eastern end of Lake Erie! I know on another site, a group of us exchanged boat information and emails and came up with a plan on how to contact each other on VHF when out on the lake to give each other some tips and pointers to save on gas and time. Only problem is, I am one of the few guys from Eastern Lake Erie. If anybody here would like to be a part of the group--let me know!

Also I have a couple questions for you....

1. What are the new baitfish restrictions? I thought I had hear they were going to be allowing transportation over land in selected "corridors" along the Eastern edge of Lake Erie. Is this true? I can't find much on it.

2. What are your preferred baitshops in the area near the small boat harbor and Sturgeon Point? Are some better than others? I'd like to get your opinions.

Thanks,

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Boxed four nice eyes off of hamburg last night, 17", 22", 24" 25"! O course my 7 year old son caught the 25". 6ft of water #13 rapala, and black and siver hot n tot. 3 of the eyes came off the my walley board. The 25 was a female, no eggs, so I wounder if some of these girls are spawing out.(I am no scientist. Trolled between 1.6-1.95 mph. Hooked up some split shots in front of the sticks. About 15-20 boats off of hamburg and 10 off of smokes.

Is there a fog horn on the lake or where we hearing a laker. Sounded cool. This saltwater boy is now a wallyman.

Good luck everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyson View Post
    Hello there guys. I like the idea of using this forum as well for the Eastern end of Lake Erie! I know on another site, a group of us exchanged boat information and emails and came up with a plan on how to contact each other on VHF when out on the lake to give each other some tips and pointers to save on gas and time. Only problem is, I am one of the few guys from Eastern Lake Erie. If anybody here would like to be a part of the group--let me know!

Also I have a couple questions for you....

1. What are the new baitfish restrictions? I thought I had hear they were going to be allowing transportation over land in selected "corridors" along the Eastern edge of Lake Erie. Is this true? I can't find much on it.

2. What are your preferred baitshops in the area near the small boat harbor and Sturgeon Point? Are some better than others? I'd like to get your opinions.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt I would be interested on the radio deal, anything to help out the fishing bro's we did this type of stuff in the keys all the time. We used to swap cell numbers and send text out on the water. Captains we really open sharing info down there to everyone. My email is [email protected] just put walleye in the subject line so I know it is not junk mail or you can send me a message here and we can swap info. I am still trying to figure this freshwater thing out, my salty blood has to remember to scale things down a bit and remember trophy fish in the lakes are bait fish in the keys. Haha! But I was as stoked to catch those walleye last night or the 25 12" perch I caught off the catt last year as I was last month catching a 15' hammerhead or a 54" dolphin(or mahi mahi, the northern name). I love this lake!

Bait shops, if you want night crawlers go to Weekley's in hamburg on Big Tree Rd, it is a worm farm not a bait shop, it looks like a house but there is a sign in the front just drive to the back where the big garage is. The best crawlers around for the price. I usally go to the the bait shop in derby if I am going to Sturgon or the Catt for minnows, i think it is called daves. The guy that owns it, and I believe works the place, he is always a good source of info and a very nice gentleman. I did buy minnows at the small boat harbor last year and was pleased. I spoted a place in Angola but New Era, I have not stopped in yet but I plan on it, to see what the place is about. There is the water wizard on rt 5 but hamburg beach. I am not sure if he sells bait anymore, but if you are looking for a custom rod or need a rod or reel repair the guy knows what he is doing, and is honest, if it is not fixable he will let you know it is not worth fixing. Fixed one salt water rods a few years ago and did an amazing job.

Hope this helps bro! Get ahold of me.

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Corey,

Thanks for the help--I sent you an email.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

Fished out of small boat harbor on Saturday, despite the fog had a great day. We were fishing in 45 to 50Ft of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default After hours launching

Can anyone tell me where I can launch in the buffalo area after hours (later than 10pm when the small boat harbor closes). I use to launch at "South End Marine" but that was two years ago. Just got another boat and want to get out for the walleye night bite.