country boy moving to buffalo...need help country boy moving to buffalo...need help country boy moving to buffalo...need help country boy moving to buffalo...need help
    Brad in NY Guest

Default country boy moving to buffalo...need help

I am moving to buffalo the first part of may, and i am clue less as to where to go walleye fishing. i do not own a boat at this current time but was wondering if anyone could tell me where i can go and have the best luck shore fishing? also what to use. this move to buffalo is a big step for me, i have lived in a small town of 2,000 people for the last 21 years of my life! If anyone is interested in taking me on a fishing adventure that would be greatly appreciated also! hahaha

thanks!

brad

sabercuts Guest

try under the Peace bridge off the breakwall

Bababouy Guest

Brad, I'm in the same situation, I just moved here and trying to learn about the fishing the eastern end of lake erie. I have plans on getting out soon, probally this weekend. I heard lauching from stergen point it a good location to start. If your looking to get out some time let me know we can talk and there been times I wanted to fish but and a little nervous going out myself.

Don B Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bababouy View Post
    there been times I wanted to fish but and a little nervous going out myself.

I have about the same size bassboat as you(18-19'), but I make it up to Erie a few times a year for the walleye and smallmouth. The most important thing for you is the waves, wind and weather. No fishing place is worth sinking your boat or drowning.

Waves for you should be at 3' or less. Any higher than that, which I've done, will be potential problems for you(they were for me). When you start getting higher than 10 knot winds, again, potential for problems out there.

Here's a good link for you to use for those things before you plan any outing on the lake. Lake Erie is a great place to fish, but the conditions can turn from great, to dangerous in a matter of an hour or two. That's why forecasts of wind, weather, and waves are so important to me.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/forecast.htm#glf

sabercuts Guest

yes you cant be to careful on the big E

Thumbs up eastern fishing

a guy told me about 20 to40 ft of water out side of the mouth of the creeks until the water gets to 74 the go deep

Skinney Guinea Guest

Default Brad

Walk the break wall to the very end early evening and cast floating repalas on river side if that doesnt work cast canal side it always produced for me before I ownd a boat Good luck