July 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default July 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports

Actual Fishing Reports only please. Any post in this thread that is not a direct report of fishing activity will be deleted.

rathergofishin Guest

Angry no go at barcelona

fished barcelona in the AM, 45-60 fow. rough day 2-4's easily, no eyes. out of five boats one fish caught. what is going on?

caught 7 out of Sturgeon on Sunday. 60FOW 55 ft down. pink worked well. 1 of the 7 was on lead core 4 1/2 colors out.

dkwalleyeguy Guest

Fished west of Dunkirk today in 60 - 65 FOW. Got 3 smaller fish on 6 colors of leadcore with harnesses. No particular color worked very well.

went back to sturgeon on friday and only got 2. one lead core one dipsy. had a few other bites but no one home.

I fished out of Sturgeon on Friday. Only got one that came later in the day about 12:30pm. Did alot of trolling from 6:30am. I saw fish intermitantly on the graph. Got it on a 30 jet, purple and black about 180 back.

hey guys i just bought a dipsy diver and could use some tips on how to use them. do you usually run a worn harness off them? i usually just use a sinker and a worm harness. any help would be great!! i usually launch out of hamburg but my work schedual and the high winds have kept me off the lake. as soon as i get out ill let you know how i do. thanks again!!
    Last edited by smikac32; 07-12-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Default Smikac32

Go to this site and look at picture near bottom. It shows how to use dipsy diver. http://www.southtownswalleye.org/

Captain MAC Remacle Guest

Wink Dipsy Divers

Quote Originally Posted by smikac32 View Post
    hey guys i just bought a dipsy diver and could use some tips on how to use them. do you usually run a worn harness off them? i usually just use a sinker and a worm harness. any help would be great!! i usually launch out of hamburg but my work schedual and the high winds have kept me off the lake. as soon as i get out ill let you know how i do. thanks again!!
    Several things I have found to improve the dipsy is when running deep water use braid on your main line, remember you can use quite a bit stronger braid due to its Diameter when compared to mono, this allows it to be tripped much easier when you want to bring it up, especially without a fish on. Use your schedule for distance and make sure you add your side carry to it. The more side carry the more line you need to achieve your depth. Also I use rubber snubbers to try and eliminate the hard pull the fish feels before they are hooked. Use at least 30" or more of Flourocarbon get your lure or spoon or worm harness back away from the dipsy. Hope this helps your quest. Good Luck

thank you that actually really helped me out....again thanks