May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports
    Blog Entries

Default May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports

Actual Fishing Reports only please. Any post in this thread that is not a direct report of fishing activity will be deleted. We are creating an area where folks can easily scan actual fishing reports by date. We'll create a new sticky thread for each Month, May, June, July ....

Default Walleye @ Windmills

Last Sunday (5/31) I caught a 23" eye in 32 fow in front of the windmills. It was between 4-5 lbs. Last Weds I duplicated it wit a 21" 'eye in the same spot. I was using a chugging iron 3' off the bottom and worm harness. Time of catch 8 - 8:30 AM. DEC was at the small boat harbor and measured my fish when I came back. The lady said not too many folks are getting walleyes yet. But I think they are starting to hit. I'll be out again in the next few days to see if I can do better.

Default Good Walleye at 60 fow

Last Sat (8/8), I went out of Sturgeon Pt straight toward Pt Abino. When I got out about 5-6 miles I started trolling WSW. Between 8 and noon I caught 3 nice 'eyes, 21", 23", 23.5" with total weight 13#. No record breakers but nice eaters.

I used worm harness with double night crawlers. When I started out the wind was kicking up and I thought it was gonna be a short day. The wind died down later and it was perfect. Unfortunately the S wind blew me into Canada so when I realized that, I started trolling S toward US. Shortly I got a 5#er.

No sheephead !

That's the best news that I heard in a long time. I was in the same area last Friday and got 1. I had engine problems with both my trolling motor and the the big motor were acting up. They are getting worked on right now. I hope to get it back today and maybe get out Sat. and Sun. Were you by yourself?

Yep I was all by my lonesome.

Default sturgeon point

went straight out of the point almost to the line . I marked alot of hooks there in 60 to 63 ft of water .with all the marks from the bottom to 10 ft off,all I boated were bass though.
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

I went out this morning from Sturgeon Pt. (Sun. 7:00 am) headed towards Pt Abino. Started out about 3 miles from the Canadian line. Saw many marks on the graph especially from 53' to 61ft. Didn't see many when I started trolling south east and got to to 48 ft. Not one fish, had a few hits but no fish. I put the downrigger right at the depth that I saw marks but no takers. I'm still having trouble with my trolling motor. I can't control the RPM's - I troll with the waves and go about 1.5 / 1.7 which is good but when I troll into the waves or try to kick it up a little the RPM's go up too high and I troll at 2.6 / 2.7 which is to fast. Oh well back to the shop. There's always next weekend. I heard on the radio that some were getting 1, 2 4, 6. The water clarity was a little murky probably from last week's storms and there was alot of debris floting in the water.

boxed out in dunkirk yesterday .bring it on walter
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

Good News! Maybe they are starting to turn on.