May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default May 2009 Eastern Lake Erie Fishing Reports

Actual Fishing Reports only please. Any post in this thread that is not a direct report of fishing activity will be deleted. We are creating an area where folks can easily scan actual fishing reports by date. We'll create a new sticky thread for each Month, May, June, July ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye @ Windmills

Last Sunday (5/31) I caught a 23" eye in 32 fow in front of the windmills. It was between 4-5 lbs. Last Weds I duplicated it wit a 21" 'eye in the same spot. I was using a chugging iron 3' off the bottom and worm harness. Time of catch 8 - 8:30 AM. DEC was at the small boat harbor and measured my fish when I came back. The lady said not too many folks are getting walleyes yet. But I think they are starting to hit. I'll be out again in the next few days to see if I can do better.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Walleye at 60 fow

Last Sat (8/8), I went out of Sturgeon Pt straight toward Pt Abino. When I got out about 5-6 miles I started trolling WSW. Between 8 and noon I caught 3 nice 'eyes, 21", 23", 23.5" with total weight 13#. No record breakers but nice eaters.

I used worm harness with double night crawlers. When I started out the wind was kicking up and I thought it was gonna be a short day. The wind died down later and it was perfect. Unfortunately the S wind blew me into Canada so when I realized that, I started trolling S toward US. Shortly I got a 5#er.

No sheephead !

Post Thanks / Like

That's the best news that I heard in a long time. I was in the same area last Friday and got 1. I had engine problems with both my trolling motor and the the big motor were acting up. They are getting worked on right now. I hope to get it back today and maybe get out Sat. and Sun. Were you by yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I was all by my lonesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sturgeon point

went straight out of the point almost to the line . I marked alot of hooks there in 60 to 63 ft of water .with all the marks from the bottom to 10 ft off,all I boated were bass though.
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

Post Thanks / Like

I went out this morning from Sturgeon Pt. (Sun. 7:00 am) headed towards Pt Abino. Started out about 3 miles from the Canadian line. Saw many marks on the graph especially from 53' to 61ft. Didn't see many when I started trolling south east and got to to 48 ft. Not one fish, had a few hits but no fish. I put the downrigger right at the depth that I saw marks but no takers. I'm still having trouble with my trolling motor. I can't control the RPM's - I troll with the waves and go about 1.5 / 1.7 which is good but when I troll into the waves or try to kick it up a little the RPM's go up too high and I troll at 2.6 / 2.7 which is to fast. Oh well back to the shop. There's always next weekend. I heard on the radio that some were getting 1, 2 4, 6. The water clarity was a little murky probably from last week's storms and there was alot of debris floting in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

boxed out in dunkirk yesterday .bring it on walter
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

Post Thanks / Like

Good News! Maybe they are starting to turn on.