Trolling Motor Batteries Trolling Motor Batteries Trolling Motor Batteries Trolling Motor Batteries

Default Trolling Motor Batteries

I am putting a minn kota terrova 24v 80lb on my 18.5 fisherman this spring. Im going with lead acid group 31. The 2 batteries readily available now hear in Rochester are a die hard marine deep cycle from advanced auto and a Interstate 31 marine deep cycle. Any thoughts on which way to go? Die hard is $65 cheaper per battery.

Default Re: Trolling Motor Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by rkp View Post
    I am putting a minn kota terrova 24v 80lb on my 18.5 fisherman this spring. Im going with lead acid group 31. The 2 batteries readily available now hear in Rochester are a die hard marine deep cycle from advanced auto and a Interstate 31 marine deep cycle. Any thoughts on which way to go? Die hard is $65 cheaper per battery.

I use the Interstates. This is my 2nd set of them - they last about 2.5 years. I have an on board charger and keep them charged at all times. I'm up for a new set this year, was leaning toward Lithiums, but not sure yet - they are very pricey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghauser View Post
    I use the Interstates. This is my 2nd set of them - they last about 2.5 years. I have an on board charger and keep them charged at all times. I'm up for a new set this year, was leaning toward Lithiums, but not sure yet - they are very pricey.
    For better value over long haul, I would go with lithium. Capt Pete

Thanks,ghauser. So I was able to get the interstate 31 for $109 ea. Lithiums would be nice but pricey and as with everything else that price is going up. The last I saw a terrova 80 lb 72 inch shaft it was up to $3000! When I first found one in January it was $1949
    Quote Originally Posted by ghauser View Post

I replaced my lead acid batteries because they wouldn't last the day during the 2nd year I invested in the AGM batteries....well worth it