What was spawning last week? What was spawning last week? What was spawning last week? What was spawning last week?
    Fabby Guest

Question What was spawning last week?

Last week (March 17 or 18) I trekked out to my tiny little creek and was really stunned to see large fish spawning in it. I don't think they did that in the 70s when I was a kid - there was NOTHING alive in that creek! Anyway, the buggers were about 24-28" long and dark, but too fast for me to see anything to ID them. Maybe Northern Pike? Seems like the dorsal fin might have been far back but these suckers were so "happy" to see me they moved around too fast then hid. What a sight to see in a tiny little shallow creek! Ideas?

Thumbs up ? Fish

Quote Originally Posted by fabby View Post
    last week (march 17 or 18) i trekked out to my tiny little creek and was really stunned to see large fish spawning in it. I don't think they did that in the 70s when i was a kid - there was nothing alive in that creek! Anyway, the buggers were about 24-28" long and dark, but too fast for me to see anything to id them. Maybe northern pike? Seems like the dorsal fin might have been far back but these suckers were so "happy" to see me they moved around too fast then hid. What a sight to see in a tiny little shallow creek! Ideas?
    fabby where is the creek you are seeing these fish in new york or pa if it gos into lake erie it is probly steelhead they are spawning right know