2018 Buffalo area fishing reports.......... 2018 Buffalo area fishing reports.......... 2018 Buffalo area fishing reports.......... 2018 Buffalo area fishing reports..........
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2018 Buffalo area fishing reports..........

The night trolling ZOO has started off of Hamburg. 10-20 boats out there last night. Reports are some fish, not limits, caught.

From the NY Outdoor News:
    Walleye season may have gotten off to a slow start due to cooler-than-normal water temperatures. The nearshore shoals/shallows are typically productive when the season opens, with better action at night. Shorehaven Reef, Bournes Beach, Green Hills, Van Buren Bay, Evans Bar, off Hamburg and near the mouth of Smokes Creek are good spots to try. Trolling minnow-type stickbaits at around 2 mph over rocky areas in 6-15 feet of water is a typical program.

From the NY D.E.C.:
    The shoals are also worth a shot during the day. One group did very well over a three day period at Van Buren Bay in 8-12 feet of water. They were targeting bass, but ended up catching limits of walleye on bass lures! The other spawning shoals are good bets too. Anglers are also starting to pick up daytime walleye by bottom bouncing in 30 plus feet of water off the windmills.

From the Buffalo News:
    Walleye action is slowly starting to pick up during the day, but the best action is still at night according to reports. Bob Rustowicz of Cheektowaga says that trolling the shoreline from Buffalo to Barcelona will produce in 5 to 12 feet of water with large stickbaits. Chartreuse and Firetiger Rapala’s in No. 11 or 13 have been working best for him.

fished 9-130 last night landed 6 lost one at the boat ,got all the fish from 11:30 -1 also a 4lb smallie
    fished 12-20 fow it was good to get out for the first time water temp was 62 it drop to 56
    jeff
    Last edited by milt; 05-26-2018 at 07:06 AM.

I went out Thursday out of Dunkirk. Got 8 by 11PM and had to call it a night. I am planning to get out again this Thursday but would like to not drive all the way down to Dunkirk again. How is the night fishing out of Sturgeon Point?

went out last got 5 fished 9-12, 12-20fow smokes creek area
    jeff

Went out for an hour at sundown. 15' FOW at the mouth of the river. Pink Wallydiver bumping bottom. One rock bass, one eye and one SM bass. All look like they swallowed a football. The rockbass could have fed a family of four! Gobies must be high in fat. LOL

fished last night from Pinehurst to smokes creek only got one bad night for me
    nothing work either that's fishing
    jeff

Quote Originally Posted by milt View Post
    fished last night from Pinehurst to smokes creek only got one bad night for me
    nothing work either that's fishing
    jeff
    Maybe stained, muddy water is to blame. I usually wait a few days to fish after a hard rain. I've noticed more than once that i did poorly in clouded waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto View Post
    Maybe stained, muddy water is to blame. I usually wait a few days to fish after a hard rain. I've noticed more than once that i did poorly in clouded waters.
    it was a little stained and a lot of debris and foam around I caught fish Friday and sat. night I honestly believe it was the moon I look back and I don't seem
    to do any good when the moon is close to being full or a full moon or it was a bad day a fishing talked to some people they had a bad night also
    jeff

tried a couple spots last nite till 1030 1 fish made the move to woodlawn and the fishin picked up ended up with 4 and about 6 shorts /still milking made a mess they will be around for a while