Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15 Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15 Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15 Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15

I met Tim and Nick Becker at Mazurik's, and we launched at 6am. We headed to Kelly's northwest side where I fished the day before. It was a perfect morning. Cloudy skies, calm seas, and one of the first boats on the lake....ahhhh paradise! We didn't see any other boats when we arrived, so we set lines and started fishing.

Our program today was 1oz inlines 27 & 31 back and number 2 Tadpoles 25 & 27 back. All of them took fish. Blades were the same as usual...antifreeze, copper, and gold hammered. When I talk about blade color, it's always describing the underside of the blade. It's what I think the fish sees most, instead of the pretty color schemes on the back sides that I think mostly "catches fishermen".
    Speed was 1.3 today.

It wasn't a fast bite like it was yesterday, and we battled some white perch and white bass before picking up our first eater walleye. We made a couple passes and picked up a handful more, and had 7 fish before I decided to head north to see if there were fish out to the west side of Gull, and up towards the line.

The water was cleaner out there, and I wasn't marking much on the Onix, so we set the lines high in the water column and had one good "big fish" pull back within the first 10 minutes. We missed it, because they just weren't very aggressive today. Not like yesterday. After a 1/4 mile of nothing, we decided to head back down to where we started and try for their last 5 fish.

There were a lot more boats there by 10am, so we got in line and went with the flow. We picked up their last 5 fish by 10:30 and Nick started to bring the lines in. I said, "What are you doing?" He looked at me as if to say, "Aren't we done?" And I said, "We still get 6 more, and you have a lot more time left". That made him happy and he baited his hooks and got the lines back in the water.

We ended up one short of our three man limit today, but counting the number of missed fish, along with the white perch and white bass bite, these guys had a good time today. The weather was perfect after a morning rain that lasted only a short while, and it was a fun time on the water.

I have the same crew tomorrow, and we are headed to Huron to see if there are some bigger fish to be had. I love fishing on Monday's when the lake isn't so crowded.

I had time today to get the grass cut before more rain comes, and some flowers planted, so those monkeys are off my back, and I can enjoy our trip even more tomorrow....

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15-5-17-15-jpg Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15-nick-tim-becker-5-17-15-jpg Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15-nick-becker-5-17-15-jpg Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15-tim-becker-5-17-15-jpg Fishing with the Becker's 5/17/15-tim-nick-becker-5-17-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters