Conneaut Conneaut Conneaut Conneaut

Thread: Conneaut

1. Default Conneaut

I'll be fishing for walleye for the first time out of Conneaut on Saturday and was just looking for a couple tips. I'll have my daughters with me for a weekend family camping trip so not sure how much time we will have on the water but I'm sure we will get out for a spell...

I'm set up with all the normal gear.... Downriggers, Dipseys and boards...

Any help is appreciated..

Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghfishing View Post
    I'll be fishing for walleye for the first time out of Conneaut on Saturday and was just looking for a couple tips. I'll have my daughters with me for a weekend family camping trip so not sure how much time we will have on the water but I'm sure we will get out for a spell...

I'm set up with all the normal gear.... Downriggers, Dipseys and boards...

Any help is appreciated..
    Last weekend I had good luck, and I went out of Bula and was between Bula and Conneaut. I have all the details in my 4 tickets out of bula post on here. Good luck and report back! I might be able to get out Sunday morning. Looking like a good weekend!

3. Default

Thanks for the info... I'll report back... I've fished lake ontario for years... This is our first summer on Erie. Did a couple of island trips earlier in the year. Had a blast.

Ask Jack at Snug Harbor Bait for the latest info. Trolling just north of the perch pack usually will get you walleye. Try all presentations until one works. Dipseys with harness, spoon or crank. Good luck...

5. Default

So much for an afternoon fishing trip with my daughters. Looks like we are heading to splash lagoon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghfishing View Post
    So much for an afternoon fishing trip with my daughters. Looks like we are heading to splash lagoon instead.
    Bummer it was a great weekend weather wise too!! I got out for some smallmouth but family stuff kept me in close so I couldn't go for eyes.