Bula 7-12 Great Fishing - Video Bula 7-12 Great Fishing - Video Bula 7-12 Great Fishing - Video Bula 7-12 Great Fishing - Video

Default Bula 7-12 Great Fishing - Video

Was able to show my brother in-law a great time in his first time walleye fishing! Went 11 for 11 with a nice 9lb hog! (Really 8lb 15oz, but what's an ounce in a fish story?!)

Dipsys 3 setting 115-135 (one at 90 first thing).

Pink Deep Husky jerk 180 on wire.

Downrigger 47 and 40.

Overall a great day on the water, and check out the video!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf14...WINCYQ&index=6

If I understand correctly you are using wire line to dipsey w/deep diver lure and also using a church walleye board? Haven't had much success with eyes this year, or last actually and trying to figure out how to improve my game. Fished w/wire years ago but not using dipseys. Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater52 View Post
    If I understand correctly you are using wire line to dipsey w/deep diver lure and also using a church walleye board? Haven't had much success with eyes this year, or last actually and trying to figure out how to improve my game. Fished w/wire years ago but not using dipseys. Thanks for any info.
    For the dipsys we have 50 lb power pro going to it. Most people use 30 lb, so the 50lb won't dive as deep as the 30lb, but I haven't noticed too much of a difference between that and the dive chart that comes with the dipsys. We are using the size 1 dipsy.

We have the deep diving cranks on the wire. 10 foot of wire gets you 1 foot of depth. So if you have a 20 foot diver and need to get to 40 feet then you let out 200 foot of wire.

We run 17lb fluorocarbon leaders to everything we use.

This is Lake Erie out of Ashtabula. I am happy to answer any other questions you have.

Nice video,

Can I ask what you do with the fish hanging out the back of the boat? I see what looks like a stringer. I ask because I have started bleeding my fish this year, and it makes a nice fillet but blood all over the boat.
    20' Sea Ray

Some people bleed them and drag them in the water for 5 -10 minutes before putting on ice. Keeps blood outta the boat

Quote Originally Posted by skinny5382 View Post
    Nice video,

Can I ask what you do with the fish hanging out the back of the boat? I see what looks like a stringer. I ask because I have started bleeding my fish this year, and it makes a nice fillet but blood all over the boat.
    That's exactly what we are doing. We clip them to the stringer and then have a pair of hand pruning sheers on board that we clip them right where the stomach comes to the gills and throw them out the back. No blood in the boat! We show it in this video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BspLt_6MppU