Geneva reports Geneva reports Geneva reports Geneva reports

Thread: Geneva reports

Question Geneva reports

I hear the walleye bite is on off Geneva and Ashtabula but where are the reports. Here is one. I'm planning to take my granddaughter and her father out tomorrow so with little info I hit the lake yesterday to scout the area after a long wait for the rain to stop. Followed some charters tracking south but saw nothing on the screen and no fish in the boat. Then I remember Linda at Geneva Bait telling me a few days ago to go NE seven miles. In two hours I had 3 walleye (one 27 incher), several white bass and a 30 inch, 9+ lb steelhead taken 144' back on a flor orange, green and silver Stinger spoon trailing a metallic green Dipsey without the "O" ring. The Lowrance fish finder showed almost no suspended fish. On returning to the state park and asking questions it appears that the lure of choice is a worm harness run shallow with a 3 oz inline sinker. Any suggestions before I get my hands dirty tomorrow will be much appreciated. My granddaughter Elena, a senior honor student at Solon Hi, thanks you in advance.

Dr, I can't give any reports but very interested in anything you find out. My son and I will be fishing Geneva next week. Plan to be out Mon, Tues, Wed. I will be post our results.
    20' Sea Ray

Default Not a total loss.

As you know the lake was flat this morning and the only thing stirring were the muckleheads. In spite of all the adversities, my granddaughter Elena on her first walleye trip caught a 22" and 25" walleye and a 27.5 inch 8 lb steelhead from 45' down off the downrigger on a Bumblebee Stinger spoon using light spinning tackle. It danced on the water 4 times but she played the fish to perfection. All I did was coach and net. I now have a fishing partner any time she is free. For us it was still a great day of fishing.

Well done Dr.
    20' Sea Ray