Conneaut walleye Conneaut walleye Conneaut walleye Conneaut walleye

Smile Conneaut walleye

They are here and have been for I don't know how long since the local Chevy dealer held my Tahoe captive for 2, yes, 2 weeks while they replaced a transfer case. Anyway, left the ramp at 8 o'clock and stopped at the light house where I have been seeing big marks so to prove something my mate Scotty and I thru out some 1/2 oz KO Wobblers and hit 2 steelhead in last than 30 minutes but don't tell anyone they are there. That's my secret. OK, out to the 06 and 35 and trolled with the wind to the 37. 5 walleye on purple Renosky and purple worm harness with Colorado blade. 204' back on a 3 setting and 155' back on a 2 setting. Ran back up the hill in a light chop and ran the same program again. 7 more big walleye, 2 Fish Ohio. Both 30 in. and 10 lb. 73 FOW. 1.7 mph. Oh, FYI, I run 5 foot leads off the dipsies, not 10 feet as I have been hearing. We lose very few fish and with a short lead netting is never a problem. Fast morning. Could not close my 70 qt. cooler. Tomorrow I'll be back to Conneaut with Scotty and one of my close veterinary friends. You can find me at the ramp at 7:00 AM. Call me on Ch. 68 if you need help.

what is the name of the ramp to launch boat out of Conneaut..just asking I am new to the game.

The ramp which is located at the north end of SR 7 doesn't really have a name but is run by the Conneaut Port Authority. The fee is $5 and it is easy in and out with 4 ramps. The only rule is you must tie your boat to the side pier and get your trailer situated at the ramp before approaching same with your boat. The people there are courteous and helpful if you need assistance launching or loading.

Thank you ..I'll be there in the a.m.Sat.. 22 foot sea sprite..

I would like to thank you dr. Ed for the good information it worked out well had tWO man limit....also the true trip 50s work too well at 265 back.with purple and black worm harness tomahawk blade.

You are welcome. I will be at the Conneaut ramp tomorrow morning 9/30 at 7:00 AM to do it again. With a south wind I will cruise north until I see good marks on the fishfinder, guessing 68 feet, and start there trolling with whatever wind there is. Channel 68 for anyone who wants to talk or hear what is working for me....

Today went just as I described in my 9/26 thread. Ramp at 7:00 AM. Only a handful of trailers and boats but it is Monday and some people still have to work. Found the walleye about a mile north of the small perch pack. First walleye just south of the 06 line and just west of the 33 on a green Renosky minnow back 210' off a dipsy on a 3 setting at 1.9 mph. Ran back up the hill from just north of the 07.5 line and ran the same track since the first run got us 5 fish. Renosky minnows ruled the day and we were done before noon. The wind and wave forecast was a joke and no one even mentioned rain. It was a wet and bumpy ride but well worth it and the biggest surprise....no sheephead. I could not close the lid on the 12 fish in my 70 qt cooler but that is the kind of problem I can live with. Till next time...
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 09-30-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: correction

Another fruitful day. The walleye are still here. Only the fishermen have gone and in my estimation way too soon. Same location and presentations. The only difference is the big fish are bigger....3 Fish Ohio today. From the 32 line west to the 34, from the 05.5 north to the 07.5 there are thousands of walleye to be caught and judging by the abundance of baitfish and good water temps, they have no reason to go anywhere soon. I'll be at the Conneaut ramp at 7:00 AM tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there.

If I am sounding like a broken record, I apologize but nothing has changed for days now and that's a good thing. We ran north out of Conneaut to the 05.5N and the 34W and it was game on. Green Renosky Minnows back 205' on the Dipseys on a 3 setting. Purple Colorado and Hot Pink Colorado harnesses back 155' off Dipseys on a 2 setting. Downriggers also saw action with shallow diving Long A bombers in Purple and chartreuse down 62' pulled 2 Fish Ohio hogs on ultralight tackle. Much fun and we never lost a fish. This makes 4 trips in a row without losing a single eye bringing them to the boat. Note that I only use a 5" lead of 20 lb mono on all my presentations and always have a longhandled net at the ready. Course was NNE with the wind at 1.9 mph to the 07N line, then back up the hill or south if you prefer to the 05.5N line and ran the tract again. Last fish in the net at 10:20. Only 3 other boats were working this area. Where were you???