? lighting and eyes ? lighting and eyes ? lighting and eyes ? lighting and eyes

Default ? lighting and eyes

does the lighting affect the eye on lake erie do they stop bitting when it comes to the lighting

I have heard from many old timers that the eyes shut down from lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    I have heard from many old timers that the eyes shut down from lightning.
    thanks spoony how have you done this year

I didn't fish enough in May and June, other than a fly in trip I did in Northern Ontario that was great, but I had a very good July fishing Steelies and Made 2 trips in August to lake Ontario. one was great and the other was fair. I'm not done yet. Still want to get some perch and fall eyes. Overall, it has been a solid year.

Thumbs up

I didn't fish enough in May and June, other than a fly in trip I did in Northern Ontario that was great, but I had a very good July fishing Steelies and Made 2 trips in August to lake Ontario. one was great and the other was fair. I'm not done yet. Still want to get some perch and fall eyes. Overall, it has been a solid year.
    i was up five times first time got four out of walnut lunch first time second time non thrid time one next time out of northeast non last time picked one up after about 2 or 3 hours drift fishing harnesses then the lake started get rough on us so we head befour it got to bad i think we woould have got more if it would had got bad we are done fishing boat is being cleaned and put up for the year it cost my dad about 100$ every time we come up wish prices would drop before next year

The fuel prices imacted us a bit too. We selected the best days we could to not waste fuel, bait etc. I made my own ice this year, caught my own crawlers, took more buddies willing to chip in on gas and it wasn't too bad. I tried to get really good info on where the fish are so I wasn't running all over the lake. Stay in touch and next year we can try a trip together. Late May is my favorite time of year to slay the eyes.

Thumbs up

The fuel prices imacted us a bit too. We selected the best days we could to not waste fuel, bait etc. I made my own ice this year, caught my own crawlers, took more buddies willing to chip in on gas and it wasn't too bad. I tried to get really good info on where the fish are so I wasn't running all over the lake. Stay in touch and next year we can try a trip together. Late May is my favorite time of year to slay the eyes.
    what marina do you go out of we go to walnut most of the time that sounds great about taking a trip together can my father go with if we do he is the one that paied for just about every trip and the boat have now just so we could fish up there we have a i think 18ft 98 in beam tracker asum until waves get to about 4or5 ft waves last trip i think there where a couple six footers that was a little on the bad side but other then that it is great to fish from if you would like my phone number to call next year for a trip let me know what kid of boat and how big do you have are you going to fish more this year or are done we come up for the steelies they are fun as hell to get a hold of do you live in erie or close by i live about hour and a half from northeast and two from walnut and that is with pee breaks that is cool that you went to take a trip we can shir info that we know i did find a spot out of walnut that found i think we could get more out of if we had some one that know more about what they are do this our first year doing it on our own good luck with fishing and keep the lines tight and the coorslight cold

I keep my boat in rack storage in Port Clinton. Brand's dry dock is the name of the marina. It is a 24 ft Chaparral and I can fish 5 and 4 is very comfortable. I live in Lexington Ohio near Mansfield and have about a 1 1/2 hour drive to the lake. I grew up spending weekends and vacations on the lake and picked up my first boat 8 years ago. The walleye fishing wasn't great then but we caught a few and got a little better at it each year. Now we are still fishing the huge hatch of 2003 and the fishing has been easy. Steelhead are my favorite thing to catch out of the lake. next year I am going to take a week and do just steelie fishing. Feel free to send your phone # via private message. Next season we can fish the same boat or you can follow or whatever works and yes I would have room for your dad too.

Thumbs up

I keep my boat in rack storage in Port Clinton. Brand's dry dock is the name of the marina. It is a 24 ft Chaparral and I can fish 5 and 4 is very comfortable. I live in Lexington Ohio near Mansfield and have about a 1 1/2 hour drive to the lake. I grew up spending weekends and vacations on the lake and picked up my first boat 8 years ago. The walleye fishing wasn't great then but we caught a few and got a little better at it each year. Now we are still fishing the huge hatch of 2003 and the fishing has been easy. Steelhead are my favorite thing to catch out of the lake. next year I am going to take a week and do just steelie fishing. Feel free to send your phone # via private message. Next season we can fish the same boat or you can follow or whatever works and yes I would have room for your dad too.
    if we came out that far we would just go with on your boat that is a long drive for use . we went on a charter out of astubula ohio we had to leave at mid night just to get there by 530 would we have to bring our poles and those things or do you have that kind of stuff that we can use here is my email adderess [email protected] we can keep in touch this way with out people getting things we dont went them to get how do you fish for the eye do you troll or drift fish harnesses that is a good why we did it on a charter out of walnut got about 15 eye that day and a cold front cam through that night before it is like trolling but you just put the boat in gear just enough to move the blades on the harnessesand you use like a 2 3 or 4 oz weight to take it down i did learn this this you went to go about a .5 mh for speed when you do this then line will be down the depth your counter say have to go wife needs computer to do home work

Thumbs up

sorry spoony spellied email wrong it will be [email protected]