Fished Conneaut Friday through Monday, 8/16 - 8/19. Lake was flat and it was sunny and warm. Fished by myself Friday and Saturday afternoon. Only got 1 walleye Friday, 50' down in 72' of water, to many white bass and the 2 rod limit kept me from finding what worked.

Saturday ended up with 2 eyes. About 10 minutes after setting my lines in 74' of water had a double. Got a walleye on 275' of wire with a gold and red wiggle wart on it. Soon as I netted the eye the downrigger went off (50' down) with a steelhead on it. Took up the slack in the line and the fished shot to the surface jumped out of the water and threw the hook. Got another walleye about 3 hours later, 275' of wire line with a silver and red luhr jensen krocodile spoon.

Sunday had a fishing partner. We fished 68'-75' of water, with most of our fish caught in around 69' of water 50' down. Ended up boating 10 walleyes, 4 perch, and a steelhead in ~9 hrs of fishing. No program produced consistently although wire line was still the most productive. Got 1 walleye early with 275' of wire and the gold and red wiggle wart. In one pass we picked up 2 walleye, one on a yellow Luhr Jensen laxee spoon off the downrigger, and the other on a yellow reefrunner on wire, picked up 2 walleye off the wire and a big purple and yellow wiggle wart late in the day. Story of the day was one pass something would work, the next something different would. We also lost 1 walleye at the boat when the net hit it in the face and snapped the leader off the back of the dipsey, blue dolphin spoon. Lost one fish again later on the strike off a dipsey, gold dolphin spoon, snapped the leader on impact. Lost a couple fish, at least one of which was a steelhead, on the wire line before we could get them to the boat.

Monday we got 5 walleye and 2 perch, 50' down in 72-75' of water. The marks in the 68-69' depth ended up being a lot of sheephead so we moved deeper. Was the same story, inconsistent producers all day long, some on dipseys, some on rigger, couple on wire line, some on spoons, some on cranks.