wire fishing line ? wire fishing line ? wire fishing line ? wire fishing line ?

Default wire fishing line ?

Can you put planer board releases on wire fishing line

Default wire

yes, you can... the 300 feet back will likely be the same, you are using the boards to spread out the lines. We use a rubber band from the pad of the release and attach directly to the wire. Pop the line with a fish on the same as always and the rubber band will be reeled into the spool. When you put the line back out the rubber band is at the required length. Obviously, I have seen them foul in the spool, but rarely, and you will need a good supply of good rubber bands.

I have lead core on all four poles and have had people tell me you can't put you releases or rubber bands on the lead core it will break is this ture

Default wire

You can run wire 2 ways. We use .010 and .012 dia. wire and when the fish are 50ft down the wire cuts the water. Use a full measure of either 250 or 350ft of wire on each reel for planer board rods. If all rods have 350 of wire, just let out your big crankbait (big Thunderstick diver) example. Slowly let out all the wire ( keep your thumb on the spool !) until all wire is out and the splice is at the rod tip. Tie on your rubber band, line clip and slide it out. Or the 250 ft of line, let out all the wire, click Zero then let out another 100-125 ft of the backer line. When the fish hits then band should pull out as the no stretch , grab the rod and I peel off another 50ft or so. This allows the fish to pass around the other lures so no chance of tangle. Getting wire to run together with a fish on is not fun so take the time to make sure the eye wont come in contact with the next line. Then the reeling in of about 500 ft wire with a big pig on the end. Just never take your thumb off the spool or birdnest city in your hand.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default wire n lead core

Good answer with much more detail than what I gave...I never ran the rubber bands with lead core...I heard it doesn't work and you are getting to the point of "why" with lead core on boards. I can get down to 50-60 feet using boards/wire/TT50's and lead core out the back for a couple of rods if needed. That puts me at about 14 lines. Add 4 dipseys and for 18 lines =9 people. I don't have 8 friends and the 3 I do have are to big in the belly.