walley fishing out of the nut walley fishing out of the nut walley fishing out of the nut walley fishing out of the nut

Default walley fishing out of the nut

Kind of new at running my own boat but was wondering if the walleye were still around out of the nut in September. If they are how deep and what to use.

I’m no expert but will give my 2 cents.
    Not all walleye migrate; some will stay in the area all the time. Call these resident fish. As the cooler temps come so will the stealhead. You will see guys trolling in close in front of creeks, Walnut, Elk.
    20' Sea Ray

Thanks skinny seen u caught some nice eyes last weekend. I was up there Saturday caught 3 limits of perch and 4 walleye . Any more info on how to fish for the resident eyes would b great

there are the residents and transients. Seems once September hits, eye fishing slows down unless you fish closer to the Ohio line or even have an Ohio license and fish Connie and Bula. But there are many that stay, they are just tougher to catch and not schooled up and sporadic. Most people will then perch jerk and load up but you'll have your diehard trollers for eyes.