Geneva or Ashtabula Geneva or Ashtabula Geneva or Ashtabula Geneva or Ashtabula
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Geneva or Ashtabula

I'm planning to head out this coming Sunday to do some fishing (the 1st time this year because I had to replace all my tackle, it was all stolen this spring) and could use a little help getting pointed in the right direction. Not sure which place is producing the best, should I be after walleyes or perch??? I'm flexible either way. If its walleyes, how many miles out is everyone running? I will be pulling stinger spoons behind jet 50s and harnesses or spoons off of the down riggers. Any help to make the first trip out a success would be greatly appreciated. I'll be on 68 around 8am Sunday.
    Thanks

2352 Trophy hardtop

Post Thanks / Like

Either ramp is OK. 12 miles NE out of Geneva or NW out of Ash. Start looking for suspended fish around the 01 and 53. Yesterday I started at the 02 and 54 and trolled due north with the wind. Limited out with a slow pick at the 09. All big fish, 2 Fish Ohio, all but one taken on Junior Thundersticks back 160' off 50TT and 50 Jet Divers at 1.9mph. One on single blade pink Colorado harness. I use Church Walleye boards and I love them. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dr. Ed. I'll be running churchs walleye boards too. If I can get some shopping in before Sunday, I may try to grab some Junior thundersticks.

Post Thanks / Like

we just spent 2 weeks at Geneva and went out ne. our best fishing was our last day the wind was from the ne so we went to the 08 52 lines and trolled sw. good luck and good fishing.
    sherman

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we were up on 8/11 out of Geneva and did a number on the perch. We put 120 in the cooler in 1.5 hours, then went after some walleyes...not so good. I ran out to 73 foot of water NNE out of Geneva and trolled to the west. I picked up one 26-1/2" eye off of a jet 40 on a shrimp stinger spoon 150' back, missed a couple off of the down riggers with worm harnesses and caught some sheep head and white bass. We were only marking a few fish here or there, and it was time to call it a day. As we were tearing everything down, and didn't have a single line in the water, we marked a solid school of fish, but it was too late to investigate. I will be up Sunday morning to give it another go. I'll be on Ch 68 if anyone wants to share information.