Humminbird  vs  lowrance Humminbird  vs  lowrance Humminbird  vs  lowrance Humminbird  vs  lowrance
    HUNTER Guest

Default Humminbird vs lowrance

I need help picking between the humminbird 967 3D model or the lowrance lcx 28
    I have been trying to find a Humminbird 3d model in the stores so I can look at it but I have not been successful. Has anyone seen or used the Humminbird 3d model before? I owned the lowrance lms 337c df before but it burned out. looking for something better.

ilandem Guest

Default finders

Just in response i just bought the brand lowrance 28lx it has the 30 gig hard drive and i love it . Great gps and sonar unit endless possibility with the hard drive and pre-loaded maps.

HUNTER Guest

Thanks for the response.

wild bill jp Guest

One thing you have to watch on the new Lowrances and really, any new electronics that is software based. They will need a software update ASAP right out of the box. I bought the 520C new and installed it and headed out for Michigan. Turned it on and had trouble with it so I call Lowrance customer service. Was told the unit had an older viersion of software and it would need the update. Had to give my CC number and have a SD card delivered to my home. Most all new electronics with software will need updating even though it is new out of the box. My Garmin Nuvi had software
    V3.something and the Garmin site had an update that was V4.5. The Lowrance update is pretty basic. Install the card and turn the unit on. The update happens in just a minute or so. The Nuvi, on the other hand was quite involved and took over three hours to download and install the updates.