Geneva Bite Revisited Geneva Bite Revisited Geneva Bite Revisited Geneva Bite Revisited

Unhappy Geneva Bite Revisited

I am confused and dismayed. No one is posting walleye catches lately and it can only be for one of two reasons. You are not catching fish or you are just too lazy or perhaps tired after a day on the lake. This AM I hit the 42.01N by 80.55W NNE of Geneva before 7:00 AM. Using an old Cunningham magnetic dipsey set at 2.5 and a black and magenta double willow harness back 135 feet at 2.1 mph going with the waves I managed 6 beautiful walleye before 10:00 AM. Missed a Fish Ohio by 1/4 inch which leads us to tomorrow. I'll see some of you on the lake and perhaps you can find time to write about your fish tales when you get to shore.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 07-13-2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Location correction

Default Geneva Bite

Hey Dr. Ed I think everybody was being tight lipped because of the recent tournament action. Maybe things will loosen up now that the tourney is over.

You are probably right on tournament silence but as you said, the show is over so here is my two cents worth. Today was a great day for my mate Al Scott and me. Here is the valued info for what it is worth. North from Geneva State Park to the 08 between the 53 and the 54. Troll north passed the 11. Junior thundersticks 123' behind 50 TT and 50 JetDivers off Church Walleye boards at 2.0 mph. 12 walleye weighing over 60 lb. The question remains, how far are you willing to go for those walleye? We had nothing better to do and besides, we were done before lunch. If you need validation on the above, call Tom at Geneva Bait and Tackle. 440-466-6876. Yes, he has the latest fishing info, radar on demand when necessary plus minnows, crawlers and even a few Junior thundersticks.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 07-15-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Additional info

those are some hawgs. I am hoping to get up sunday morning for a nice day of fishing. I have not had time to get out but a couple of times this year and it's driving me nuts.