Conneaut Walleye Conneaut Walleye Conneaut Walleye Conneaut Walleye

Question Conneaut Walleye

Easy pickings. Where were all you walleye fishermen? This morning saw that the rain had moved east so Scotty and I ran northwest of the small perch pack, about 8 miles out of the harbor, and made 3 passes to the east to PA line. 3 fish including a 30"er on the first pass, 4 fish on the second pass and 5 on the third pass to limit out right on the OH/PA border. We were done and no trollers in sight. Dipseys on 3 setting with shallow Long A Bombers back 180' and 4 oz bottom bouncers with rainbow Thunderstick and DDRR Cheap Sunglasses off wire back 333'. The third pass had us out 9.4 miles which is a far cry from the 22 miles out of Geneva. For the most part the lake behaved itself so my question is, where were you??? Till next time....

Default wishin I was there

glad to hear fish r hot bumming that im not there. hope weather is good 4 the weekend. DR was the big bird feed still going on? HOPE 2 see u this weekend.

I was hoping they were still out there. Wish I could have headed out in the middle of the week, jobs really holding me back. Saturday is looking like it will be pretty rough. Hopefully they are still around for a while longer and can get some in the coming weeks.

I have caught walleye in that area in the past into November weather permitting. That late in the year worm harnesses seem to work best. The lake forecast is not very promising for the next few days but time will tell. Saturday I will be on national TV at 8:00 PM as the Buckeyes play the Cornhuskers. Look for me in the crowd. I will be wearing scarlet and grey. Hopefully on Sunday I will be back in my favorite fishing hole. If you call me on Ch. 68 and I don't answer I'm not there. Go Bucks!!!
    I'm back. In spite of lack of sleep, cold temps and rain Scotty and I were at Conneaut today 10/7. Way up the shipping channel we caught a beautiful 29 in. male steelie. It was just too wet and cold to venture out in the deep water but tomorrow we will be dry and warm and 8 miles north. Plan to leave the ramp around 8AM. Hope to see some of you out there.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 10-07-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added text

We got a late start but it didn't matter. Went all the way to the 09 line and no fish. 3 hours of looking and no fish. If anyone knows where the walleye are and would care to share, I am all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    We got a late start but it didn't matter. Went all the way to the 09 line and no fish. 3 hours of looking and no fish. If anyone knows where the walleye are and would care to share, I am all ears.
    It happen many time. So I don't think its matter for worry. let it go & try another time to catch walleye.