Vermilion Perch Vermilion Perch Vermilion Perch Vermilion Perch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vermilion Perch

Default Vermilion Perch

I'm planning to head up for a weekend perch trip this Saturday evening and Sunday morning, launching out of Romps in Vermilion. It seems like the perch bite was hot a week or so ago, has anyone been out lately? Last year I was up at this time of the year and had to go all the way to the sand bar to catch fish. Any reports or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Default Vermilion Perch

Perch bite is still good. Most of the action remains 1.5 miles NE of the breakwall out from the condo's. Should be a large pack of boats out there and no problem finding them.

Thank you for the update. About how many FOW is that? Weather looks like it's holding up, can't wait to get our there.

Nailed our limit sunday it that area- even though it was a little bumpy, rainy and a few water spouts. Will be out there tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeWalleyeMan View Post
    Thank you for the update. About how many FOW is that? Weather looks like it's holding up, can't wait to get our there.
    36 to 37 feet

2 man limit today, straight out from vermilion break wall 38 ft of water. Done fishing at quarter to ten. Perch still small averaging 8 to 10 inches,

Default perch

thats good

Thanks for the posts everyone. Sounds like fishing is still solid, hopefully it stays steady for Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

4 man limit in 2 hours yesterday. Ton of boats and a ton of limits. I have been fishing the same spot all year and has produced our limit 5 out of 6 times. Will be there on Sunday.

34' off of VOL

Backagain - thanks for the report and info. That's a nice short run to make for limits of perch. We'll start our trip off there tomorrow afternoon around 3pm.

Does anyone on here do frequent afternoon/evening trips? I'm just curious when the evening bite starts heating up. Growing up we always fished sun rise until we caught a limit so never had much chance to fish later in the day.

I'll be out in a blue and white Bayliner ski/fish, stop by and say hi if anyone see's me on the water. Also be at Quaker Steak Saturday night hopefully celebrating catching our limit. If anyone is stopping there let me know, I'll buy a beer for the advice everyone has given!