Tell me whats a keeper? Tell me whats a keeper? Tell me whats a keeper? Tell me whats a keeper?
    DEAD MINNOWS Guest

Default Tell me whats a keeper?

Fathers day .First time out this year.Very good day .Alot of action.BUT what do you bring home?Since i am the only one who cleans the fish.I say nothing under 10in. Does anyone agree?Were talking perch now.Not bluegills.
    Last edited by DEAD MINNOWS; 06-15-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: addition

MsDebbie Guest

Default Perch

I only fish for perch when the frost comes , never keep anything under 9" , I heard the rule of thumb east of Huron is 10" fish. I fish primarily in the Marblehead area good luck butch

Ridgerunner Guest

Default Whats a keeper

I don't like keeping small perch, but if it is hooked deep and looks as if it going to die I will keep it as one of my count. It is still bigger than pop corn shrimp and I eat them. Just my thoughts, enjoy the season.

lines down Guest

Default keepers

to me 9-10 inch perch are keepers all day long. have to agree with ridge runner though, deeply hooked fish should be kept and counted against limit instead of throwing back a fish that will certainly die and become food of those flying rats. (ie seagulls) fish under 9 inches should be put back if they are healthy. just my opinion

4dabucks Guest

I have heard you should never throw a perch back no matter how small. I was told that if you throw any perch back it will die because they are unable to get their air bladder back down.

Ridgerunner Guest

Default Whats a keeper

Quote Originally Posted by 4dabucks View Post
    I have heard you should never throw a perch back no matter how small. I was told that if you throw any perch back it will die because they are unable to get their air bladder back down.
    ( I have been told)
    If the only problem is the bladder being up, you can use the hook and put a small hole in the bladder then release the fish. Keep your net close by if the fish floats net it and count it. Try it see if it works. Have a good season.

DEAD MINNOWS Guest

I will what do u do ? Just prick it with your hook?

DEAD MINNOWS Guest

Thats what I say. Be cool ty