After almost 3 weeks of looking for in close walleye I gave up and retraced my approach shown on 8/14. On Wednesday 9/5 my first mate Al Scott and I ran Sir Walleye stinger spoons on 15 foot leads 60 feet down off the downriggers and bright colored worm harnesses on 5 foot leads off 3 oz. bottom bouncers trolling at 2.1-2.3 mph. The lake was calm so I could troll in any direction and it didn't seem to matter as we returned the 22 miles to Geneva State Park with 12 walleye weighing over 70 lb. Yesterday we repeated the tour although the lake had some 3 and 4 footers. My apologies to DocWet if I make him nervous but our location was between 42.08N and 42.09N and between 81.43W and 81.45W. On both occasions I counted only a hand full of boats in the area and on our arrival at the park in the mornings there were no trailers. We were the first to launch and it was after 7:00 am. Yesterday the cooler only had 11 walleye weighing 60 lb. do to time restaints.
God bless Lake Erie and those who dare to venture forth upon it's beautiful waters.