Erie, PA Erie, PA Erie, PA Erie, PA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erie, PA

Default Erie, PA

Yesterday, Sunday, they plowed the perch straight out of walnut. Had another buddy off the point persh fishing and it wasn't on fire there but the catch was small perch. Now another buddy was walleye fishing off shades and east and picked up 12 from 9-1pm. Many guys haven't been doing well on the eyes, they seem to be more sporadic with the cool down and definitely in closer. He caught those 12 in 47-52 fow. We've been doing quite well with the renoskys and bangos than reef runners. Reef runners have to be adjusted right out of the package majority of the time because they don't run true and there have been many times having to re-tune them after every fish caught if one brought in.
    I'll be heading back out Wednesday and there after.

Default Perch bite

This is the time of year when emerald shiners get scarce...golden ones will work, but I'd rather have emeralds...even salted ones. The guys that go out on the lake to net them can't find them...they say.

Cheers, Docwet

I'll keep my emeralds from ice fishing and freeze them or buy salted ones if need be for times like this then when scarce. I know the bait shops are getting the emeralds off beach 11 and a few other places.
    I may do a perch trip or 2 by friday but then back onto the wallys since its a warm spell again back in the 80's. My buddy smoked them pretty good this morning.

thanks for the report steve. It is hard to get much info on erie,pa. I always fish ohio and have went out of walnut the last couple times and had some action with no info. Renosky's behind dipsy's been good.
    Just stretching lines

Quote Originally Posted by CW 186 View Post
    thanks for the report steve. It is hard to get much info on erie,pa. I always fish ohio and have went out of walnut the last couple times and had some action with no info. Renosky's behind dipsy's been good.
    yea everyone is afraid your going to get there spot, blah blah blah but fish move and everyone has a different technique , lures, not too mention trolling speed. Lake is big enough for all. But you will run into some arrogant tards. Us locals call them mupere's. They are from Pittsburgh. They say, "I'm mup ere from Pixburg." Some are cool but some are rude & its worse when the steelhead are in the creeks. I've even been cut off in line waiting at the stop sign at walnut to put my boat in because they have no patience to wait his turn in line. Or your cut off coming into the marina as they due mach 10 passing you and running wake in the channel. Thats one reason many of us will put in elsewhere than at Walnut.

Well I am not from the burgh,just half way in between. I fish ohio most of the summer,but like the short ride out to deeper water over in erie. I work up in erie alot now,deliver to the hero bx plant almost daily.
    Just stretching lines

Default Walnut creek

We fished on saturday due north of creek in 75' and ended with 2 eyes, 3 steelies and a brown trout, sunday at the same spot nothing,we went west and ended with one eye and three steelies, not much action, tried everything from led core, weighted renoskies, riggers, dippseys nothing could be paterened, love to fish erie but need more catching.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time 2 View Post
    We fished on saturday due north of creek in 75' and ended with 2 eyes, 3 steelies and a brown trout, sunday at the same spot nothing,we went west and ended with one eye and three steelies, not much action, tried everything from led core, weighted renoskies, riggers, dippseys nothing could be paterened, love to fish erie but need more catching.
    wondering if you were too deep. Last night my buddy caught 9 eyes in 2 hours, from 6:30ish to 8:30pm in 50 fow water

perch heating up off walnut, had 2 different buddies go out. 1 was in 54 fow and limited out 2 guys in 1.5 hours. The other boat was in 65 fow and got their 5 man limit (150) in 45 minutes. Bother said couldn't put the rods down. The deeper water crew had alot of jumbos where as the shallower said he had to sort thru some dinks.

I crushed the perch tonight, was out and back to the dock in under 2 hours with 90 jumbos. That was also fishing with 1 hook and 1 rod. Other guy had a sabiki rig (3 tier) and other has a crappie rig (2 tier).

Heard from a buddy wallys are getting caught 80-90 fow off the point today.