Took the Plunge and bought a 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 Took the Plunge and bought a 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 Took the Plunge and bought a 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 Took the Plunge and bought a 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800
  1. Default Took the Plunge and bought a 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800

Well, I had a 2009 Crestliner Canadian 1650 with a 50 HP 2-Stroke, which I financed over 10 years but paid it off in 1 1/2 years by making a payment a week, so this last week I decided to upgrade. Went to a 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 with a 115 HP 4-Stroke.

They're gonna pull the trolling motor (never used), bank charger and battery out of the old one, the marine radio and antenna, the lowrance fish finder, throw on a spare tire, etc.

The Crestliner 1650 was a nice boat for me going out no more than 2 to 3 miles off Lake Erie, but I hope this boat is a little more powerful and sturdy for the Lake as well as the options for making it a ski boat when we go to Mosquito.

2 years from now, maybe a 20 to 22 foot boat.

Baby steps.

Blog Entries

Default 18' Crestliner

Congratulations on the new boat. Had an 18' Crestliner years ago and it performed very will off shore. You'll get lots of enjoyment and put lots of fish in that boat. That '2 footitus' disease is catching though so wouldn't surprise me if you're in a 22-24' boat in a few years. Happens to all of us

it will be a bit under powered. I run a 18ft C-liner as well. any questions, just ask.

4. Default

How do you like it? Did you have a smaller boat before that? I went to look at it today so we could go over the transfer of equipment from one boat to another and I was mistaken on the engine. It is a 115 hp 2 stroke (so it's lighter). Don't have to push that button in anymore and choke it, it starts up like a car and your shifter is now only for going forward or backward. The 1650 with the 50 hp 2 stroke was under powered.

I guess I'll find out in late April or early May when I take it out.

Any comments on your likes or dislikes of the boat would be appreciated.

PM sent, much easier to talk where you can ask and I can answer
    but yes I do like the boat. it's been good to me over the years and thru many tourney's. my wife loves it also. fantastic to fish out of.

6. Default

Took the wife down today to see the boat that she hadn't seen, but that I bought.

Interesting though, about a week ago she said, "have you ever thought about a bigger boat?" I went online and saw that it was available. They were having an open house that morning, so I put my bid in for it and got it. Had I not put a bid in 4 others were interested.

So, we got there today and after she got in it she was very excited. Much more room, more storage, higher horsepower, and all in all just a great new boat.

Can't wait to get out.

1st of May?

When do you central Lake Erie guys pull your boats out?

Congratulation on the new boat!! I hope we get some nice days in April this year. I hate waiting till May.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chardoncrestliner View Post
    Took the wife down today to see the boat that she hadn't seen, but that I bought.

Interesting though, about a week ago she said, "have you ever thought about a bigger boat?" I went online and saw that it was available. They were having an open house that morning, so I put my bid in for it and got it. Had I not put a bid in 4 others were interested.

So, we got there today and after she got in it she was very excited. Much more room, more storage, higher horsepower, and all in all just a great new boat.

Can't wait to get out.

1st of May?

When do you central Lake Erie guys pull your boats out?

"have you ever thought about a bigger boat?"

Chardon...sounds like you got a "keeper" with that wife of yours