Fairport Harbor - Perch - 10-8-11 Fairport Harbor - Perch - 10-8-11 Fairport Harbor - Perch - 10-8-11 Fairport Harbor - Perch - 10-8-11
  1. Default Fairport Harbor - Perch - 10-8-11

Everyone had the same idea today, perch! Went to the Fairport Harbor Port Authority Dock around 8:00 a.m. and there was only two spots left to park in the main lot. When I came out around 2:30 p.m. they were parked in the field behind the entrance.

You could have walked from Perry to west of Eastlake on boats. Probably 400 or more boats.

Reports varied. But they were catching them on the hump, west of the hump, east of the hump, due north out of the Fairport Harbor channel and west to Perry. I heard 39 feet, 62 feet and I was in 53 feet just southeast of the hump.

Didn't keep anything under 10 inches unless it swallowed the hook and got some nice 10 - 13 inch fish. 30 total in the 6 1/2 hour out there.

Some kid, and I've heard him before was on channel 68 being annoying. The quips went back and forth, but he was annoying. So were the boaters whitewatering through the pack stirring up the waves and just being a pain in the butt. Get some courtesy people.

All and all a nice day with the wife "The Warden," as I call her.

Hope to get out on Monday before I put the boat away.

ChardonCrestliner "Dale"

Default Fairport perch

Fished Thursday afternoon 3 hrs. got skunked. Went out Friday morning fished all morning looking for clean water mostly east toward Perry, no fish. Everyone was moving a lot. Lot of crying on the radio. Moved to the hump around 3:00 and the bite started. Limit in 1 hour. Saturday back to hump 2 tickets in 4 hours. That kid was on the radio all weekend. He is sort of a pain. Someone came back on the radio and said he hoped his mother was now on birth control. Hope to get one more weekend before the boat comes out. Seems like it just went in.

3. Default

What's your handle on the radio? Mine is ChardonCrestliner.

Or for that matter, I hear a lot of names and the radio and would like to make connection if I hear you.

Thanks,

ChardonCrestliner "Dale"

Name of my boat is SeaBob. I'm on 68 If we get out this weekend I'll give a shout.

Guys,
    Haven't fished out of Fairport since August. I got out Friday, fished from 9-11 AM. Hung out long enough to catch one fish so that I didn't get skunked. I can't remember ever not catching a target species on a trip in my 25 years of fishing out of Fairport. It's rare for me to fish in the AM. I heard some people fishing 3 hours with only 12 fish to show for it. One of the guys I fished with needed to be in early so instead of spending the day with only a meager catch to show for it, we packed it in early. I talked with a guy on Sat. who was out in the AM & said the fish turned on about 1 PM. I fished out of Conny on Sat & we pulled 60 as we also wished to try Walleye. All we caught walleye fishing was perch after we already had a limit. 2 weeks ago we had a double limit of 60 perch & 12 Walleye, including a 14.5" Perch & 6 walleyes 28" or better. I did get out this evening & got our 90 fishing the Hump from 4-7 PM inluding a 13.5" perch (love that evening bite).

Default Geneva

Sunday afternoon took my little boat out to 36 ft , dropped anchor and pulled about 10 nice jumbo's in about 2 hrs, straight in front of Geneva park