Fishing out of Huron has been to say the least, tough this year. I keep my boat at Harbor North and have fished this end of the lake from the time I was 12 till now, for a total of 52 years. I have seen some great years for perch and walleye both, and some bad years. But this year has been exceptionally a bad year.

I can honestly say I have went out four times perch fishing in the last two weeks and caught 6 perch. So with the wind yesterday I went out on the Nickle Plate park East pier with frozen minnows, Just to go back to when I was a kid. Well, guess what, I caught perch. Lost some in the rocks, missed a lot, due to tight lining. So those of you that don't own a boat or can't afford to go on charters, pier fishing still works. Just be extremely careful when walking to the end as the stones have shifted due to the large waves this year. Also have caught a lot of large walley off of this pier in November. Just have a long handle net. and lots of Rattle traps, or wiggle warts with the bb in them.