Searching for fish Wednesday Searching for fish Wednesday Searching for fish Wednesday Searching for fish Wednesday

Default Searching for fish Wednesday

I'm taking my father out fishing for his birthday Wednesday, and I'm not sure if I should go out of Geneva, Ashtabula, or Conneaut. I'd like to make it a combo trip for perch and walleyes, and any suggestions to make this a productive birthday present would be greatly appreciated. I've been going out of Geneva, but the last couple of times out have been less than stellar, small perch, no walleyes, and lots of garbage fish, so I'm hoping to turn things around this week.

the perch bite is fast and furious out of wildwood and gordon park up and down 9's and 10's with a few jumbos not sure about the walleye

3. Default

The ODNR Fishing Report says 60-60 FOW off Conneaut for Perch. Typically, I settle on a port (in my case Fairport) and when I'm in the bait shop I just ask where are they hitting and it usually is a good report.

Or, I just go out and see where all the boats are huddled. Typically where you find the boats, you find the fish.

At any rate, a day fishing with your dad should be cherished. Mine died 17 years ago, and boy what I would pay to be able to take him out today.

Enjoy your day!

Thanks for the comments. I'm probably going to head out of Geneva in the morning and try to make the most of it, if nothing else the lake is supposed to be nice and with any luck I'll land on some fish.

Ashtabula was smoking this weekend on Walleyes. I know of a guy who got over 50 fish on harnesses & dipsies fished near the bottom, 14 miles out. There was a reason D&B charters moved there from Geneva. He won the Pro division fishing 8-10 miles out & it looks like he is boating over 100 fish a day from his boats. They were also getting limits of Perch there Sat. You should be able to get perch all along the shore but if you want walleye, I would go out of Ashtabula. With a 1 foot & less day, it should be an easy run out there.