Geneva Geneva Geneva Geneva

Thread: Geneva

Default Geneva

Jake1 I read your post regularly and you have put me on some fish several times, so here is one for you out of Geneva 65 to 74 FOW. Find the bait ball and your sure to find the fish. Fished last evening Crawler Harness off inline boards, color not a big deal. With weather stabalizing fish are hungry! Best speed was 1.8 to 2.2. Also run a spoon or two up high those steelies are a riot to catch! Good luck to all

Default Geneva

Ran 11 miles NNE out of Geneva this AM. Ran "O" Dipseys on a 2 setting back 180 feet at 1.8-2.0 mph using my own gold harnesses off a 5 foot lead.
    (Much easier netting). Direction didn't seem to matter though I was doing lazy "S" turns most of the time. In a little over 2 hours I had 6 elusive Lake Erie walleye and a 25 inch steelhead. I would have finished sooner but I lost 3 eyes coming to the boat. Can't win them all.

Smile Geneva getting hot.

Got an early start this A.M. Same program as yesterday. Faster results. First eye at 6:55 am, last eye at 8:27 am. The only real traffic was a sailboat regatta and a freighter. Two 10 pounders and an eight in the catch.
    I still ran the small dipseys back 180', homemade gold Colorado blade harnesses with a 5' lead. The only difference from yesterday is I ran a steady east heading because of the swells. The surges of the waves gave the baits a great speed variation which the walleye seemed to like. I'll be out early tomorrow and if anyone wants to talk, I'll be on Ch.68.