Ashtabula 'eyes update Ashtabula 'eyes update Ashtabula 'eyes update Ashtabula 'eyes update
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ashtabula 'eyes update

Finally caught a good day weather wise and family life wise and got out fishing Monday July 26th. OK, we went 330 degrees Northwest from Lake Shore Park. We started rigging lines and trolling at 6.5 miles out. We went for two hours trolling NW (330 heading) and only caught one sheephead. Finally we started picking up some nice walleye. I wrote the numbers down: 42.05.00 80.48.21. We continued on a northerly heading until we were about 13 miles out from the light house. Made our turn and started trolling back towards the stacks which was really hard to do because of the wind and wave action. Boat control was difficult for the wife but with all the zig zagging we managed a few more until we ran out of nightcrawlers. Total fish in the box was nine. Lost 3 at the boat which sucked. Sheephead total was 4. White bass was 5. No perch. Equipment used: all wire line, smaller dipsy's set at 3 and 1.5 running back 180 to 195 feet. Watermellon and hot pink seemed to be the colors. Worm harnesses. Dragged a couple spoons on the down rigger poles down 65 feet and back a ways but those only produced 2 of our fish. We got a late start, left the park at noon and pulled lines at 5:30pm. A disappointing start turned out to be a blast once the wife and I got on the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default reply to update

thank you for posting your update walleye will

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ashtabula 'Eyes Update to update...

Wife and I made it out again today. Put boat in water at Lake Shore Park at 1pm and we ran 330 degrees out to about same place as yesterday. Pink and watermellon worm harnesses out on dipseys using same settings as yesterday caught us 10 very nice walleye. One huge hawg that took me forever to get in the boat, 29" and my super cheapy scale said 10 pounds. Rest were all in the 24 to 26 inch range. Wife reeled in her share today and with the calmer lake today she had a blast as well I did too. Pulled lines at 5:45pm today and enjoyed our 12 mile ride back to park. Back to work tomorrow so won't get to fish for a week or so. Guys, keep posting here so we all can have a great time catching those wonderful walleye.