shorefishing shorefishing shorefishing shorefishing

Thread: shorefishing

Mr. Manny Guest

Cool shorefishing

Hi, Im Manny. Just join the site. For starters im just looking for the best shorefishing spots fot spring walleye. Last spring i did ok down on 72nd, but i got a late start and missed the peak of the action. Could some one tell me when the shorefishing for walleye usually starts. Thanks, appreciate it.

Erieboy75 Guest

Default shorefishing

Last year I caught my first at night on 4/15 here in Lorain, but this year it will be later, due to the cold water and late spring.
    ErieBoy75

Smile Shorefishing at 72nd street

Hey Manny,
    I too am new to this forum. You're the second fisherman that has mentioned the walleye fishing at 72nd. The first was a salesman from a boat dealer at the boat show. I'd really appreciate more specific info on this- such as approx depth, time of year, technique (dipsy, jig) lures. I grew up in this area and until now never heard of fishing for Wally in this area.

Also, I'm going out Sunday 4-20-08 in the western basin and plan on posting the results on Monday. Hope the weather holds and Wally is hungry!

Mr. Manny Guest

Default Hey Tag

Hey Tag. Well last year around late April/May I got hip to the 'night bite' on walleye down on 72nd. I too never knew that this was a option or I would been going down there alot earlier. But anyway, the the hot baits were shallow diving jerk baits, Rapala X-raps, Husky Jerks, Shallow Reef Runners. If im not mistaking the depth was about 3 to 6 feet ( I think). But i do know for sure that i caught my wallys on a Tennesse Chad #12 rapala husky jerk, and a #12 Hot Steel x-rap by rapala. This year i "beefed up" my arsenal with some more colors in the Husky Jerk and X-Rap Rapala's and diffrent brands like Reef Runners, and Ranowski. I hope all the money i spent was worth it, these lures run anywere from 5 to 7 bucks a peice. I also use 8lb Fire Line smoke braid with a 2ft, floro leader, (just my preference). Well good luck.

Erieboy75 Guest

Default Shoreline fishing

One Fish Ohio tonight. Only hit, but I'll take it!
    ErieBoy75

Mr. Manny Guest

Hey where were you fishing? I was down at 72nd on Friday and three people pulled out some nice wally's. I was the unlucky one that went home alone. but i'll be back down there tonite.

rwgreeniii Guest

Where is 72nd? I just moved to the Lorain area and I have never really fished the central basin. Thanks.

Smile Fished Turtle Creek 4-20-08

Hi Manny,

Had a Great day Sunday. The lake was calm and overcast. It did drizzle a bite but cleared up. Went out jiggin at 6:30 am and had 7 in the boat by 8:30am. Decided to troll about 10 miles out - Reached our limit & released a few. Caught one 6 pounder and a 29.5 inch 10 pounder - which just blew me away. We were Back in by 2:30. Ton of boats out. All seemed to be catchin their share. Alot of happy fisherman. So I'd say the fishin is on. Because I'm just getting back into fishing(recently retired) and don't know the waters, I chartered a Capt. I met at the "Fin" in ashland. He's a great guy who really knows his stuff. If anyone wants his contact info send me an email and I'll be glad to get it to you.

Thanks for the info on 72nd street. My boats not ready yet, and I have little night fishing experience, but this is definitely on my "bucket " list of things to do.
    Last edited by TAG; 04-21-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: editing mistakes

anthonythefisherman Guest

the walleye are in on 72nd for the night bite i cought a 10lb 29.50 incher lastnight and seen 4 get pulled in i regestered the fish and im waiting for my fish ohio pin hope the wethers nice so i can so again 2night

these are fishing forums get off