Perch Fishing (Lorain) Perch Fishing (Lorain) Perch Fishing (Lorain) Perch Fishing (Lorain)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    kozski10 Guest

Default Perch Fishing (Lorain)

Launched out of Sheffield Lake this afternoon to do a little perching. Tried about a 1 1/2 miles straight out in 41 ft. Nothing. Headed a little east Lorain lighthouse 41 ft. Nothing. Then headed straight out from the lighthouse in 51 ft of water and picked up 27 perch. A few nice ones over 10 in. and one 12.5 in. being the biggest. Spreaders with silver blades is all that worked for me. I would have limited but I lost count of the fish. I counted 3 times coming up with 3 different counts. I knew I wasn't over so I headed in just to be safe. Ended up being 27 perch. Time to buy a counter. -Koz

ExxWhy Guest

Went out of Hot Waters on May 5. 2 guys caught 25 perch and another dozen white bass in 3 hours. 39 FOW about 2 miles NW of the lighthouse. Decent size fish for the most part. Never got into a good school, but stayed steady enough to keep us from moving. Talked to others back at the dock and seemed to be the typical result. A lot of boats stayed in close behind the breakwall. It was fairly rough, probably 3-4 footers by the time we left at 1:30.