REAL reports with REAL info REAL reports with REAL info REAL reports with REAL info REAL reports with REAL info
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    powrguy Guest

Default REAL reports with REAL info

Went out of Sheffield on Friday, Sept. 4. Very calm day, and fished the shipwreck over by Avon Point.

We went perchin', and about 2 dozen other boats in the area were also doin' perch.

Of all the reports of "limits" I see here, it must be those guys who keep 6" perch to fill the cooler. We kept 42 perch (three of us), none less that 7" , the bulk of them about 8", and a few in the 9"-9 1/2" size. For every KEPT fish, we tossed two dinks. It's still a little early for the LARGER perch, I think, but in the next few weeks the perch sizes will be better.

I just wanted to post the REAL fish sizes, 'cause a "limit" of dinks is not my idea of good perch fishing.

One thing of note: of the 8 dozen "minnows" we got near Miller Rd. (I don't recall the bait shop name), about 1/3 of them were not shiners; they were chubs. Perch still would hit them, but not like shiners. Also, the bite is very soft on ALL the perch we caught. All were on the bottom; you had to coax them on with a lift just off the bottom. We used crappie rigs, and you could do the same with spreaders. Drop to the bottom, wait a few seconds, and lift slowly....you'll feel weight and/or, they'll tap it.

Also; to the a$#hole who has the 19' Bayliner and loves to cut through a pack of perch fishing (anchored) boats and then has the balls to troll back thru, THANKS from all of us. You are what Parma is famous for!

Bforms Guest

Default Rocky River

Perch fishing East of Rocky River where the nets are between 43 to 50 ft of water. The marina has been short on shiners and perching not much better especially when that northeast wind kicks up. . . not even marking much either. Heading out tomorrow again.