perch spreader color effectiveness? perch spreader color effectiveness? perch spreader color effectiveness? perch spreader color effectiveness?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    great gricey Guest

Post perch spreader color effectiveness?

is there much of a difference with the color of blades on spreaders?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green

I've always had a preference to the green bladed spreaders but to be honest I really don't see much of a difference. I do seem to notice that the more people I have on board and the more lines and bait in the water the more fish I catch. That is why I like the spreader because it offers more bait in the water. I have a buddy who insists on just one hook and a sinker and my son uses an ocean rig similar to a crappy rig. Neither of them have blades but the both catch fish!

Erie Sheppard Guest

Default spreader color

Three limits Sat. Three different color spreaders 1 - bare hooks 2- perch colors 3- gold . Within a couple fish apiece

captaincurtsperchrigs Guest

Default Color of blades and sinkers makes a difference!

I've been making perch rigs know for 4 years. We used all color sinkers and colored componets on our rigs and it makes a BIG difference! Check out my rigs, on www.captaincurtsperchrigs.com. They are definitely a different type of rig. They catch fish when the others don't.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have noticed that with more hooks in the water it sort of starts a feeding frenzie. I like the moments when a school comes through and everyone gets a double.

Post Thanks / Like

Great G, now that a season has almost gone by, I have been thinking of your post back when you typed it. Now I have my 2 cents worth. Of the spreaders I have used, the chartreuse and the chartreuse/fire tiger colors have noticeably out fished any other colors and crappie rigs I or my friends have used. It is to the point that I am going to give away the other colored stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Default spreaders

I use plain spreaders with no blades. I use the gold tru-turn#4 hooks. I allways out fish people with blades. When I take people out they quickly switch to plain spreaders. Another trick that works real well when the bite is lite is to take a single hook and tie a 2 foot leader to it, then drop your weight to the bottom and bring it up about 8" off the bottom. When the fish bites there won't be any tension on the bait and they will take it in. As soon as you see the rod tip move set the hook and you have your fish. You don't need a whole minnow either, take a knife and cut it into pieces.

Post Thanks / Like

How many doubles can you get with that single hook set up? Some of the minnows that have been offered earlier are no more that two eyes and a wiggle. Hard to cut up. Lately they have been better. I'll try your way next time and see what happens. I discovered the octopus circle hook. Love them, mostly lip and mouth hookings, Much fewer swallows.
    Last edited by FredT; 11-06-2009 at 09:38 AM.