Fairport. 8-1. Fairport. 8-1. Fairport. 8-1. Fairport. 8-1.

Thread: Fairport. 8-1.

Default Fairport. 8-1.

Well AGAIN 2 ft or less turns into 3-4 ft rollers blowing 20-knots out of the west.

So anyway, we work our way out to the N-41,50 line and start trolling due north. After getting beat up pretty good and boating 2 white bass and not seeing anything on the finder. We started to head out to the N- 42 line. Yea, not a good idea. There we found nothing but more 3-4 ft waves. Not even steel head. Back to the dock,with 2 out of 3 sick. Spoke to the Lake Co. ODNR officer, And he's not hearing anything good from this area. All but dead to the East.

And with the charter report I got. I think we should have went to Lorain, There at least catching fish over there.

So our 8-1-09 trip to the lake was a waste of time today.

keepreelin Guest

Default Good Reports LORAIN

THE last few days hot spots lorain 33-32--16, 34--14, 35--15, 38--16. all of these areas are producing medium to large wally's. The weather buoy is producing fast limits small [western basin size to mediums ]

Saltshaker Guest

Same thing for us today...rolled out of Fairport with nothing..same area but this time we got soaked with rain. Very fustrating to say the least...wish I knew where they are but I guess its been slow for many out there.

I fished out of Fairport on 7-31-09 from about 3PM-9PM. Took a vacation day because NOAA called for 10-20 knot winds (strange they only specified 2 ft. & less wave heights as this windspeed is generally 2-4 ft.) on Saturday and after the last few weeks of sitting idle in port (due to this crummy summer) I was going nuts waiting for the chance to get some walleyes. Friday was suppose to be 2 ft. and less. It was 1-3 ft with some 4 foot waves thrown in for variety. I ran to the 42 line hoping to get into some steelhead as the 7-12 Toptrophy post detailed but didn't have any luck with those fish. I ended up with 1 white bass, 1 sheephead and 13 walleyes. They came on dipsy's & 40 jets with pirates, NK28's & stingers. Downriggers were dead (they got the sheephead). I fished the 59-01 north line and 16-10 west line. 5 of the fish were 2005 hatch and the rest were 2003 (25"-26" fish)

Toptrophy,
    I fished 7-12 out of Fairport and got 11 walleyes on the 55N 11W line. Pulled 6 on 7-10 on the 54N 20W line but I could not get into any steelhead, I envy you that. There were nice size fish closer in on the day you went deep to the 42 line but you did get steelhead which may not eat as well but they are a blast to catch. I wanted to respond to your post earlier but I just joined this site and had to wait a little while to get registered w/posting abilities.

I am stuck in Fairport due to boat size but it does sound like they are doing much better off Lorain and would probably fish there if I could.

I talked with friends that went west today.All i'll say is this "I'm not spoending anymore time, gas, or summer" In this dead area. Why run 25-35 miles out when you can go west and run 7-10 miles and catch coolers of fish. That are all good size.

Good luck to all you guys that are stuck in the east end of the Ohio waters. I feel for you. But i'm traveling west with the boat on the trailer. They'll end up back there in (Huron) a few months anyway.