near shore walleye near shore walleye near shore walleye near shore walleye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default near shore walleye

Has anyone been fishing in close for walleye in the central basin? I ran into a guy at Edgwater Park today who said the fish are in 15-25 feet of water all along the shoreline, but no one is fishing for them. I've been running 7-9 miles NW of Lorain to fish the sand bar and it's been hit or miss (mostly miss) recently.

Capt. Bob - Cast Party

jrblawnscape Guest

i posted an update in the july 09 reports

yobrick007 Guest

Default near shore

hey capt bob- I think that I ran into that same guy a few weeks ago. Was he in a small blue boat named wall-eyes or something similiar. He gave me a fish report like that too but Im pretty confident that he's blowin smoke. I know a number of guys that are on the lake 3 to 4 days a week and they aren't giving me any feed back like that. Just my opinion but I can tell you that we have been doing best out of geneva when the lake lays down enough to fish. I can get you an updated fish report this weekend if your interested.

Default re: near shore walleye

This was a younger guy (around 30-35) with a 27-foot Starcraft type boat and all the rigging you could imagine. He said he had been fishing 77 feet for steelhead, but the walleye fishing was slow out there. Now he's fishing the shoreline.

- Cast Party

5. Default

I have been fishing 74-78 feet Northwest out of the Chagrin the past 3 weeks and gotten more steelhead than walleye. The walleye are there, just been slow getting them to bite.

Last weekend, while perch fishing in 47 fow, we picked up a walleye "accidentally." Since then, I have asked around and a number of people have told me to try in shallow. Heard some chatter about it on the radio yesterday, but I cannot confirm.

hawg hunter Guest

I know alot of people targeting 20-25 fow between vermilion and huron area. doing pretty well also.Pulling harness no spoons. The only problem is battling through white bass and sheephead.

Thumbs up walleye

went out friday stormed off one time then went back out got 9 eyes 3 sheaps head that where 8lbs 20 white perch those sheapes head wont leave the meat alone

bigragu Guest

Default Huron to Beaver Creek-Friday

A friend and I were on the lake Friday and covered the 18 fow to 38 fow between the Castlel and Beaver Creek. Caught two eyes, only one of which was a keeper. We drifted bottom bouncers, cast weight fowards, and trolled spoons and cranks on boards and dipseys. The one keeper came off the bar on a board in about 18 fow. Probably should have stayed in that area.

Just confused as to where the pack went and don't want to run way out. Any info would be welcomed.

Ok, I've been watching this thread and can't hold my tongue any longer.

Fact #1. Yes your going to find small,Young walleye in close / shallow water this time of year. Just look to the west, Around the Islands area. What do you find there??? Yep, small young fish. Sure now and again you'll find a larger fish that was to lazy to move east with his buddies looking for larger school's of bait.

Fact #2. To find the large size fish (22-30in) You need to go deep and east. As we all have read this year has been "tuff" fishing. Less boats on the water cooler weather than we've been seeing in the past. But as they always do the big fish seek out that cooler water with less light and lots of bait. There is where you will find those fish. Someday they'll bite fast and others they'll just not bite for any reason.

Pick the good days and go deep, US Border deep. On the other days stay in close and pick threw the garbage fish,and pee wee's.

BTW,
    The figures show the 30-45% of the Comm. charters are not going to make it threw this $$$ down turn. So this is what you'll not get a good report from this close click of guys. Pay for there service and you'll find fish. But I would bet a cold case of beer your going to be running deep to find those Aug. hogs.

Default deep eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Toptrophy View Post
    Ok, I've been watching this thread and can't hold my tongue any longer.

Fact #1. Yes your going to find small,Young walleye in close / shallow water this time of year. Just look to the west, Around the Islands area. What do you find there??? Yep, small young fish. Sure now and again you'll find a larger fish that was to lazy to move east with his buddies looking for larger school's of bait.

Fact #2. To find the large size fish (22-30in) You need to go deep and east. As we all have read this year has been "tuff" fishing. Less boats on the water cooler weather than we've been seeing in the past. But as they always do the big fish seek out that cooler water with less light and lots of bait. There is where you will find those fish. Someday they'll bite fast and others they'll just not bite for any reason.

Pick the good days and go deep, US Border deep. On the other days stay in close and pick threw the garbage fish,and pee wee's.

BTW,
    The figures show the 30-45% of the Comm. charters are not going to make it threw this $$$ down turn. So this is what you'll not get a good report from this close click of guys. Pay for there service and you'll find fish. But I would bet a cold case of beer your going to be running deep to find those Aug. hogs.
    will they be on bottom or will they be suspened i have been getting them about a foot off bottom in close