Ashtabula Perch Ashtabula Perch Ashtabula Perch Ashtabula Perch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashtabula Perch

great gricey Guest

Unhappy Ashtabula Perch

I was out last night (Tuesday, July 14) off of the stacks in 48 feet of water and caught a bunch of small perch. I moved out to 52 feet of water and caught some jumbos but the fishing was relatively slow. The sheepshead were hitting (haha). I marked fish everywhere but the bite was not too hot. It was reported that the perch were hitting better in the morning in 65 feet Northwest of the break wall. Good luck.

Captain MAC Remacle Guest

Exclamation Ashtabula Perch

I don't know for sure but it may be possible that the Perch have been hit hard for the second year by the Netters. They have been workng the area for some time already this year. Just a thouhgt.

great gricey Guest

Netters? I thought they could only do that in Canadian waters? How about the smallmouth - are they still close in by the breakwall? I tried deadsticking tubes the other day and didn't have any luck (except for a lunker sheepshead). Gobies were everywhere near shore from 10 - 30 feet of water - everytime I would drop a line in they would suck the minnows off the hooks in seconds!

fishingnut1081 Guest

Move out to deeper water between 70 yo 73 ft of water seems to be better and better size fish
    chris

fishingnut1081 Guest

Default Numbers

Does anybody have some new perch numbers i am going out tommorrow and need some help pleses thank you chris

great gricey Guest

It has been a few weeks since I have had the boat out. Anyone find the perch by Ashtabula - where are they now? How many feet of water.

great gricey Guest

Went out Saturday at 7pm in 53 fow northeast of the stacks and in one hour caught a good number of perch. Lots of sheepshead though. Perch were hitting lightly.

great gricey Guest

went out again last night - oops! calm in the harbor but had rolling 4 to 5 footers at about 1/2 mile out and had to turn around. The noaa site reported 1 foot or less. Caught 2 perch but too much chop and waves to feel bites so I headed back in. My little 16 footer was not the most comfortable boat to be on.

great gricey Guest

heading out tonight at 6:30. lake looks good. When will the perch be moving in closer? Anyone know? I am still new to this having my own boat thing.

great gricey Guest

Was fishing last night by 6:40 p.m. in 55 fow and by 6:41 had 4 perch in the cooler! Finally a great night of fishing. Using spreaders with silver blades and salted minnows - the bait shop at the boat launch was again out of live minnows. Going to try to get out again tonight. . .