Chagrin walleyes Chagrin walleyes Chagrin walleyes Chagrin walleyes
    CAT22 Guest

Default Chagrin walleyes

Fished due north out of the chagrin sunday morning. Started at 6am, ddnt find the fish till 9:30. Biting fish were suspended anywhere from 30-40ft in 62-65 feet of water. Slow and steady bite once we found them. 9 hookups, landed 6, one nice 10lb'r all on crawlers harnesses. Caught none on colorado blades, all on #6 willowleaf with silver being the preference. Big dipseys 3 setting 70 back, rest on boards w 2.oz snap wieghts 70-90 back. Trolling speed was best from 1.5 up to 2.0mph. Stalling and letting the baits fall and pulling them back up thru the water column triggered some strikes.

Default E. 185th to Stacks.

Good Afternoon. I am new to posting on this site but follow it all the time. I was going to head out this weekend. I have a 16.5 Startcraft, and looking to hook up on some walleye. I got the gear, and knowledge just need to know where to get them. Being a little smaller boat i get a lttle leary about going out that far. How far out of Chagrin is 60 fow? Did you mark anything closer? I got a bunch of spoons and dipseys that someone gave to me but can tie my own harness on the fly if need be if that is what they are hitting on. Any help would be great. I usually go out of E 185th, Chagrin, or Mentor Lagoons. Thanks for your help.

CAT22 Guest

Flipper,
    60ft is several miles out, never looked at the gps to know exaclty. There are fish shallow, just not large schools that i have seen. Normally this time of year we are killing them in 25-30 ft which is not that far at all. I'd start there and troll your way out until you contact a few. Caught a few in 38ft last week. I like to go out of the chagrin and head west to the square, flat roofed "alamo" looking house and troll back toward cei on a west wind. Good luck. You may make it out to 60ft if the weather report holds true.

Hey Thanks for the info. I went out last night on the 24th, went NE out of E 185th. Everyone coming in said they could not find them and were 60-72 feet out. I stopped at 44 fow and started trolling NE, HUGE school at 46.7 to 47.8 off Euclid Hsp. I was running 4 oz weights 110 and 85 ft back, also running jet 40's at 100 and 90 ft back. Fish were in about the 37 to 40 fow range. No fish but the marks were incredible, Never seen them stacked up like that before. I think my problem is I was trolling to fast. I can not seem to slow my boat down enough with out a a plate on the motor or something. My speed ended up on GPS to be 2.6 so I think I need to get it to 1.5 to 1.8. I got a trolling motor front mount but can be hard to opperate while trying to run 4 lines with another person in the boat. Hopefully I will get them this weekend. Off the water at 10 PM, lines were only in the water from 8:30 PM till 9:45. Pretty slow was the word at the doscks but everyone else was really deep.

CAT22 Guest

Flipper,
    i troll with my bow mount always. Saves me gas and the noise of the motor. With a lite boat, this can be done. If you set your trolling motor straight, find your speed and troll with the wind. You can steer with the big motor to make "s" turns. Either that or tie a couple buckets to the cleats on the back ot the boat with some rope. Poor mans drift sock works well. Heading out early tomorrow in that general area. Thanks for the report.

shouldn't have Guest

Default Chagrin Walleyes

Fished NW out of chagrin on June 24th. Started at 54ft, some marks, no takers. Moved out to 61-63ft. Quite a few marks between 25-50ft. Landed 4, missed a couple, all nice fish, One fish ohio. Trolling speed was 1.7-1.9. All fish came off large dipsy #3 setting 110 feet back. Small chicken wing, monkey puke and oil slick stingers spoons is what caught them. No takers on the worm harnesses. Walleye Fished about 6 hours 8am-2pm. Moved into 42 foot of water and caught 12 nice perch.

CAT22 Guest

Shouldn't have,
    just curious, 110 on your dispy has to have you 45ft or deeper? I was wondering if you are seeing that "cloud" out there in the bottom 10-15ft. I thought that was the bug hatch but i must be wrong. I was trying to fish above it and had been doing well 28-40ft down. I have not been able to get any deep fish. Any insight on what you are seeing would be great. Thanks, cat22

CAT22 Guest

Fished this morning nw out of the chagrin. Holly stranno sucks. 3mph out of the sw at 6am? Wrong. 3-4's and building all morning. Trolled east all harnesses, willowleaf, started in 63 with 20&30 jets 120-150 back, dispys 3 setting 60-80 back (w/ braid) and 2oz snaps on boards tried 40-110 back. Raked the water column till 11am. One fish on board 70 back in 63ft. One fish on board 40 back in 50ft. Very slow. Charters all went past me and hit the horizon b/f stopping. Buddies fished geneva yesterday and hammered them in 63. They fished today, same area, and caught 7 in 10 hours fishing with 8 lines out. Tough day.

Default Fairport Harbor

Went out this AM too rough to get outside wall tried for smallies but no bites. Went back to mouth of river and decided to try it. still pretty choppy at 1030 AM. Got out by perch pack and pickings were very slow got a few nice jumbos one pushing 13 in. Lots of fish suspeneded in the 30 to 40 foot rage while perching in 51 fow. Decided to set up for trolling since i had a lot of marks. Went north of pack to 54.4 fow and in 10 minutes got a hook up. 24.5 in. Pink harness. About 25 mintutes later got a second and third hook up, pick and pearl harness. Got a couple more hook ups but lost them. Ran harness of jet 40's in 54-56 fow, 100 ft back. Big boats went blowing by me, we were on fish the whole time. Speed was 1.4-1.7. Just a good day. I would go back to moroow to try it there tomorrow but got to spend some time with the kids. Good luck.