Chagrin area Chagrin area Chagrin area Chagrin area

Thread: Chagrin area

CAT22 Guest

Default Chagrin area

Looking to fish the chagrin area this weekend. Anyone been doing any good for walleyes this far east? I've read 42-55ft recently. Is that still accurate info? Seems pretty deep for this time of year, no?

Saltshaker Guest

The bite has been very slow...went out today and hooked one in about 53 fow. It was at 24 ft and took a spoon on a small dispsy,setting 3 about 160ft back. But youre right we had tons of marks in the 50-55 foot range.We got nothing after that.

Quote Originally Posted by CAT22 View Post
    Looking to fish the chagrin area this weekend. Anyone been doing any good for walleyes this far east? I've read 42-55ft recently. Is that still accurate info? Seems pretty deep for this time of year, no?

Default Chagin area

Went about a 1/2 mile West of Chagrin in 44 ft. Slow but steady perch. Most nice size. Trolled 52-54 ft for a couple hours. Caught 2 Walleye between 5-6 p.m. Both on same dipsy. Big dipsy, 3 setting ,170 back, on Orange colored stinger. Lost one, with dipsy snubber, and lure. It was watermeon color, same depth and setting, on other side of boat.

CAT22 Guest

Default Cat22

WENT OUT OF THE CHAGRIN 06/14 EVE. STARTED IN 57 AND TROLLED MY WAY IN. THE BUG HATCH COMING OUT OF THE MUD OUT DEEP LOOKS LIKE HUGE SCHOOLS OF PERCH IN THE FINDER. DIDNT MARK ANY GOOD NUMBERS OF WALLEYE UNTIL THE 38FT RANGE AND IN JUST WEST OF THE CEI STACKS. LANDED ONE FISH AT 37FT, 9LBS.... 2OZ SNAP WEIGHT OFF PLANER BOARD 20FT DOWN. lOTS OF FISH MARKED THERE, JUST NOT AGGRESSIVE BITERS.

Wink Message to fishfry 08

Last year i found that i was loseing complete rigs like you then i noticed that when i was travaling with my dippseys pre rigged with my leader hooked to the pole my dippsey would swing around and nick the string up against the pole and i was loseing my rig i dont know how you travle spot to spot but if you do this check to see if this is happening to your line this might save you a couple rigs.
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT