Need vermilion info Need vermilion info Need vermilion info Need vermilion info
    CAT22 Guest

Default Need vermilion info

I have an uncle just diagnosed with cancer visiting from oregon. He has never caught a walleye and wants to catch one before he heads home to start chemo. I need some info on the vermilion area. Home water is the chagrin, but it's very slow this way yet. Got the gear, just need a hand on where to start, depth, location, speed and what ur all trolling that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I usually fish the western bason area. I will be going out of vermillion saturday. I hope to find the fish. PM me on sunday and i will give you some info. hop I can help.

smallboatwalleye Guest

Default i've only been out of cranberry creek so far

I have caught 3 walleye out of cranberry between there and vermilion. i have marked lots of fish in about 25 fow. caught two on a purple and gold colorado blade crwler harness. one an eriedescent reef runner. I hear that crawler harness are supposed to be the best right now. If you go east out of vermilion maybe try a little deeper. It seems like the fish just won't bite yet.
    I wish you the best of luck.

jigster Guest

Default walleye motherload!!!!

Last sat got three limits west of vermillion at condos to cranberry creek...even some double headers!! caught on harnesses behind thirty diver jets 35 -52ft. back . water depth was 18-22ft. lots of nice siz fish biggest was 29''almost 8 1/2 #. excellent day fishing. found them then BAM!!! done. Hope you get on em..good luck to you and your uncle.