Cleveland Head Boat Cleveland Head Boat Cleveland Head Boat Cleveland Head Boat
    Wall-Aye Guest

Default Cleveland Head Boat

Has anyone done well for walleye on the Cleveland head boats? I have done well in Port Clinton for walleye and I have also done well on the Cleveland head boats for perch. Is there anything as far as teqnique that I should know about Cleveland walleye fishing that differs from the western basin?

yobrick007 Guest

Default head boats

went out on the sara j last year out of lorain. We did really good. They troll spoons mostly and some harnesses. All you need to bring is some sunscreen and beer. Had a good time. I believe that same boat also does perch charters

BlackPearlCharter.com Guest

Default Walleye Charters in Cleveland

Greetings!
    Walleye fishing is a bit different in the central basin than in the Western basin. We do not jig and rarely drift. Generally we are trolling near the shore at night in the Spring and Fall, and during the Summer we are out in 60-74 FOW. Right now the Walleye are near the 40 fow mark, but have been elusive this Spring I think due to the rough conditions. Trolling speed will be slower in colder water temps and faster where it is warmer. The speeds range anywhere from .5mph to 3 mph depending... You will want to troll either worm harnesses or Stinger spoons. The hot colors have been pinks, purples, and coppers throughtout the last few years. You can troll with dipsy divers, jet divers, and the use of planer boards enhances your possibilities of catching fish. Hope this helps!
    Captain Jerry

Wall-Aye Guest

Question Holiday Charter

Big head boats like the Holiday will just drift and let you cast or drag bottom bouncers. That was my question, Can you catch walleye in Cleveland drifting?