Walleye/Perch out of Chagrin Walleye/Perch out of Chagrin Walleye/Perch out of Chagrin Walleye/Perch out of Chagrin
  1. Default Walleye/Perch out of Chagrin

Went out Saturday morning starting at about 6:30am. Trolled and drifted for walleye from 15-25' using a variety of techniques including crawler harnesses, spoons, reef runners, etc. Marked some fish but no luck. From the radio, it didn't sound like anyone was having luck.

Switched to perch around 11am in about 40' (off Shoregate Towers) - slow but steady. Mostly smaller perch in the 8-9" range.

If anyone has any tips for walleye or perch in this area, it would be appreciated.

Default Chagrin perch

Went out Saturday, 5/30, for perch. A little west of the Chagrin, 38 FOW.

Slow but steady. VERY light bite. Had to switch to ultra-light rigs, and single hooks, and the smallest minnows we could find. Decent amount of fish, one Fish Ohio 13-incher.

Saw 2-3 other boats in the area, that's about it. From what I hear, we're better off to go further west, in front of Shoregate. Next time.

3. Default

West of the Chagrin in 28 - 40 fow between Shoregate Towers and the big square white house has always been an early season perch hot spot for me. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the chance to work it much this year yet. From what I hear, the weather has slowed the perch (and walleye) migration, and they are just now moving into the Chagrin River area. The next two weekends should be prime fishing.

Haven't had any luck out of the Chagrin fishing for walleye yet. I'm still looking for some advice on an approach that will work consistently.

I have heard next to nothing about walleye off the Chagrin. What very little I have heard has been bad, so I can't help you there. I hope we don't have a repeat of last year, walleye-wise. I didn't do so well last year. Nothing like 2007.

5. Default

Perch bite was slow but steady today. Most of the action was coming east of the Chagrin off Sandcrest Towers in 39 fow.

Friday night the walleye fishing was slow, but there was some success with crawler harnesses in 28-41 fow.