Geneva 8/13 Geneva 8/13 Geneva 8/13 Geneva 8/13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geneva 8/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geneva 8/13

Got a late start had to replace primer bulb luckily I had a spare. Made my way out of the harbor at 7:15 poles in the water by 8:00 had a light ne to e wind so decided to go north east to 76 ft and troll west with the wind to my back. Wanted to troll with the Minn kota alone and it worked pretty good at 2 mph so gave my old Johnson kicker a brake besides I had to steal it's fuel line and primer bulb. thermocline was at about 55 ft and that's where the action was. Caught fish on 3oz weights with 150ft and 175ft total line out using bandits anything chrome pink purple and yellow seemed to work. I tried the small walleye cranks by Cabela's off the down riggers with 50ft lead and down 50ft and it caught the biggest fish at 25" thanks for the tip Sherman51 on that method will use it regularly in deep water. dipsy divers caught a couple throw backs with spoons. probably will change them out for tomorrow. 9 all together between the 2 of us all good quality fish. Gonna hit again tomorrow an early start is the plan. Thanks to everyone on here who shares makes the dream possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Geneva 8/13

first time out since the weather last week. used same program as before. had our 18 by 9:30. 7# was biggest. trolled over LOTS of fish marks that didn't bite. had our dipsies set to work at 50 ft. deep. spoons and shallow thundersticks. ran wire at 350' flat line with bandits. anything in chrome in the sunshine worked for us. 72' to 74' straight north out of geneva. lots of fish out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats and nice work Fellas! Hope to get out again before the end of this month. Tight lines🎣

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. That’s where we were going. I haven’t posted anything lately because the weather hasn’t been great for the weekends. Hard to justify driving 2hrs with unfavorable weather reports. Last trip we made a few weeks ago, we had to fight 4 foot swells. We called it a day with 14 keepers. When we returned to the marina, we were the only trailer in the lot! Hope to get up there in the next couple weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

Launched Saturday around 630 and went straight north of the Geneva marina. Started @ 71 fow, put the wind @ our back (NE heading) and ran 2 worm-burners, 2 spoons and a reef runner. 2 burners did the best, pink/purple combo. Switched my spoons over to pink/purple to close out the day around 11 AM with a 3-man limit plus a steelhead in the box. Ran dipsys targeting fish in the 55-60' range. No hogs, but smallest was about 16"

When we wrapped up, we were in 74 fow and the quality and frequency of the bite was way better in the deeper water. We got our last 6 fish within 30 minutes when we reached 74'. Saw a few other boats out further too.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Nick. I'm looking into putting a trip together for this weekend with my Dad out of Ashtabula. Maybe Thursday or Friday-Sunday. Would head out NNW with the intention of fishing 74-76 FOW. If I go, I'll post.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck DW. if this weeks weather doesn't mess things up you won't have any problems. last weeks blow scattered the bait. deeper was still way better. if your going out of lake shore park i hear the shallow area is worse now and a lot of people are using the kicker motor to get out past it. i have moved over to Geneva to launch. a bit further but 0 issues. good luck, tight lines, and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DW72 View Post
    Thanks for sharing Nick. I'm looking into putting a trip together for this weekend with my Dad out of Ashtabula. Maybe Thursday or Friday-Sunday. Would head out NNW with the intention of fishing 74-76 FOW. If I go, I'll post.
    Last edited by pfk; 08-19-2024 at 05:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey PFK. Thanks very much for the info. I've never been to Geneva. Is it the Geneva State Park Launch where you go out of?

Post Thanks / Like

YES. it's a great launch and parking.

Quote Originally Posted by DW72 View Post
    Hey PFK. Thanks very much for the info. I've never been to Geneva. Is it the Geneva State Park Launch where you go out of?

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, thank you. Save a few bucks on launching too I suppose. Is there a fish cleaning station?