Ashtabula 9/1 & 9/2. Ashtabula 9/1 & 9/2. Ashtabula 9/1 & 9/2. Ashtabula 9/1 & 9/2.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ashtabula 9/1 & 9/2.

Two more great days. It took a while but great fish and limits. Same program as Thursday's post but 11 line was best. Way out 20 miles near Canadian border. Long ride in an 18 footer but well worth it! Tight lines y'all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ashtabula 9/1 & 9/2.

Like reading your post DW72. I usually fish the western basin. Wanted to try out of Geneva for the first time. How far out do I need to go. 20 miles for me is a pretty good haul. Was hoping deep enough water closer in would be productive. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,

Budman has been smacking them latelyy out of Geneva and has given great info on how far out he has been. Sounds like it's about the same as Ashtabula. I fished NNW so was almost North of Geneva. You don't have to go 20 miles to find good fish. Seems to be they are stacked pretty good wherever 74-75 FOW is. The "lines' that folks refer to in the Central Basin are the second numbers on your North GPS location. If I recall correctly we got them pretty good at 14-15 miles out. There isn't much for fish in closer. If you can catch a calm day the ride is easy. Download the iWindsurf App if you don't have it. It's awesome. Good luck and if you want anything else just holler. I have learned a ton from people on this message board. I fish Port Clinton in the spring but the Central Basin is way better in the summer for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Badboards,

I just looked on Navionics and if I'm reading things right you'll only need to go out about 10 miles to hit that depth of water. Maybe I'll consider Geneva next summer lol.

Post Thanks / Like

That will be great. Not familiar with the depth there really looking forward to it. I have fished the western basin for years around the islands and reefs. Downloaded the NOAA charts for the central basin and not so sure how accurate they are. Couldn't find the depth in feet only in meters kinda weird. But 10 miles waves 2 feet or less is what I look for. This forum is the best for help. Was thinking about lake Michigan for salmon but it's not easy to find a forum as good as this one. Might do it next year. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks to me it gets deeper faster at Geneva than it does in Ashtabula. Best of luck to you. Hope you hit them and I'll keep reading the forums. I'll be back in Port Clinton in the spring. Be aware that past like 6 -8 miles there is zero cell service out there. Safe travels man.