Sunday to Wednesday Sunday to Wednesday Sunday to Wednesday Sunday to Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday to Wednesday

Will be fishing Ashtabula the next few days if anyone has any interest in working together. Will probably start in 70-75 FOW. Of course there is little to zero cell signal out there so 🤷

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday to Wednesday

We are going out Tuesday, but we suck😂😂 you never know though we could hit the pot of lake erie gold but like you see cell service isn't the greatest. Call river marine the morning your going out, they will give you some intel!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DW72 View Post
    Will be fishing Ashtabula the next few days if anyone has any interest in working together. Will probably start in 70-75 FOW. Of course there is little to zero cell signal out there so 🤷
    if you are using weight . Use 3 ozs.
    Only good Advice I can Give You

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DW72 View Post
    the only advice I can give is to fish deep with 1 or 2 just above the bottom. some of my best fish came off these deep lines. you don't say what you're using to get your lures down, or what lures you're going to be using, or what line and test your using. this info would be useful in running lines deep and the speed you should be running. but a starting point is for harnesses i run 1.8 to 2.0 or as close as the waves permit, for spoons I do best at 2.7 to 3.0 with larger spoons doing best for catching larger fish and fewer shorts,.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, thank you all for the responses. I just got home after 3 days. Zero cell service far offshore. We had an awesome trip. Ended up with 2 man limits all days. Fishing was he best out about 14-15 miles in 72-76 FOW. Ran bandits at 2-2.25 with 3 oz snaps. Got fish on many colors at 130-200 feet back. Grade of fish was amazing with probably 80% being over 20 and many fish 23-27 inches. More shorts in the shallower water.

Post Thanks / Like

Great! That’s sounds like just about what we have been doing too on our trips. It’s been outstanding with the quality of keepers this year. Not very many under 20 inches and a lot of 24+ inchers. Heading up Saturday to Geneva

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, really amazing fishing. Tight lines and safe travels to you guys. I hope to bring my daughter out for a couple of days around the weekend of 8/19. Hey out of curiosity....how early in the year do you guys have luck in the Central Basin? I hear so much about "the migration to spawn" in the west. A friend in Erie said they were getting them early but I didn't ask what month. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

We have had decent days in May in 30-40FOW. Mostly resident walleye I would assume. The quicker the lake warms, the earlier the migration East. I was surprised to read about the hot bite in Erie in early June. We come from just north of Pittsburgh so I’m sure the locals have a lot more info than I do about the early bite. We usually wait til mid to late June to make several trips. Then hit it hard from July til the end of September. What’s amazing is biologists have tagged walleyes in Lake St Clair that have been caught in Buffalo, NY! So the walleyes travel everywhere and anywhere after the spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info, thank you. Maybe I'll continue Port Clinton in the spring. Ashtabula is way better in the summer from what I am seeing this year. It's only half the distance for me being only 2 1/2 hours due west. WAY cheaper on gas and in PC they price gouge at.the hotels badly in the summer. Twice as close to home and half the price...no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post.

March, April, and May were our best months in the Western Basin. When the Mayflys hatch in June everything slows down and the quality of Walleyes drop off. But they are a good eater size.

Good luck taking your daughter. Make those memories together.
    Mike